Chapter Thirty Five

Zakari was waiting for the letter from his parents, because while he didn't inform them about Franklin's attack, he was sure by then that the school had notified them. Of course, that was going to add onto his mother's anger with the entire situation. There was no doubt about that. But Zakari had other matters on his mind, especially since he had made a connection when it came to all of the attacks that took place in the castle. It was certainly not a coincidence that he came upon the majority of the attacks after sensing the vibrations in the wall. It obviously meant something and Zakari had come to the conclusion that whatever was hosting the attacks was either living or getting around somehow in the walls. To him, it made plenty of sense, especially when he noted how nervous Duncan became whenever he followed the vibrations.

Zakari had read in plenty of books when he was younger, that animals were very good indicators of when danger was around. Whether it a natural disaster about to happen or things having to do with a person's health, somehow they were able to detect it. Duncan knew something was wrong whenever Zakari tried to follow the vibrations down the corridor.

Judging by how fast and how much of the vibrations he fell, Zakari had to assume whatever was attack was rather large in size. Of course, it didn't help him any bit that he wasn't too familiar with magical creatures, especially ones that lived in the walls. Nothing in the library had given him any insight on the matter as well. When he tried to explain it to Harry, Jeanie or Eve, the three responded the same with blank stares and confused reactions. What was the boy to do? He was the only deaf student in Hogwarts, but it seemed no one else was listening.

Unable to help solve the mystery, Zakari was sure that once his parents discovered Franklin's absence that he would be removed from the school and taken home. He figured he would get an early start on packing his things.

Harry had never felt so stupid in his entire life and that included moments where he was just discovering magic. No, he felt stupid as he and Ron stood in the Hospital Wing after lying to Professor McGonagall about visiting Hermione. Shortly after arriving to the Hospital Wing, it was when the two discovered the piece of paper clutched in Hermione's cold grip. Prying it out, it didn't take long for Harry and Ron to read over the information that Hermione had found before she was petrified.

The evidence pointed in the direction of a basilisk and leave it to Hermione to figure out how the creature that was as large as it was described was getting around without being scene.

Pipes.

Something else clicked in Harry's head as everything was coming together. Zakari wasn't going mental and had a valid reasoning as to why he kept trying to get Harry to feel the walls. While the boy couldn't hear, he could feel as he had told Harry countless times.

"Feel..." Harry repeated under his breath. Zakari had tried numerous time to get Harry to understand and feel what he was feeling. "Feel...he could feel it.This is entire time...that's why he showed up when we showed up. I could hear it but he could feel it."

Ron glanced around as his best friend continued to mutter to himself.

"Uh...Harry?"

They had finally figured it out and there was no time to waste. They needed to report it to the staff members so that they would be able to solve the problem before Hogwarts found themselves in anymore trouble.

Running out of the Hospital Wing, Harry was so preoccupied with the discovery, he was neglecting his surroundings, crashing into poor Zakari and knocking the boy back down the stairs. The child was trying to sneak to the Hospital Wing to visit Franklin, but winded up at the bottom of the stairs, with a sore back instead.

"Sorry!" Harry told him as the boy glanced up at him from the floor. But Zakari just gave him a confused look until Harry lifted his hands. He closed his right hand and placed it to his chest, making a circular motion for his apology and it seemed Zakari understood that part as he gave a small nod in response. 

 Carefully, Ron and Harry lifted him back up to his feet. But not wanting to waste anymore time, Harry just grabbed the boy's hand once Zakari was on his feet and pulled him along.

Zakari had no clue as to what was going on, and continued to question why Harry was dragging him along at such a rapid speed. Not getting an answer from the boy with jet-black hair, he turned his attention to the red haired one, in hopes he would have an answer. Neither one of them offered an explanation. Getting tired and slightly winded from the running and being pulled at a faster pace than his little legs could manage, Zakari finally pulled his arm back from Harry's hold. However, he hadn't anticipated his own strength and set Harry flying back onto the floor.

Covering his mouth in horror, Zakari stared at Harry as the boy scrambled to his feet. He walked over with a stern expression, grabbed Zakari's hand and placed it to the wall.

"Feel." Zakari read Harry's lips before his eyes widened.

Was it true? Did Harry finally understand? He sure as hell hoped so.

They arrived outside of a room, where it seemed Harry and Ron were about to walk in, but they stopped suddenly. Zakari was pulled down to hide with him, but he absolutely no idea what was going on. Judging by the boys' faces though, it wasn't anything good.

Finally Harry turned to him, and Zakari carefully watched as he began to fingerspell something to him. When he finally finished, he settled his hands down in his lap and looked to Zakari, who was already working to piece it all together.

When Zakari finished, a small squeak escaped his lips.

"HER SKELETON WILL LIE IN THE CHAMBER FOREVER."

His mother was definitely not going to let him return to Hogwarts ever again.