Chapter Twenty

Zakari learned that Lockhart not failed as a Professor, but as a Healer as well. The man had attempted to heal the boy's arms, but rather than mending the bones, he had removed all of Harry's bones. Leaving Harry to the Hospital Wing as Madam Pomfrey to regrow all of his bones. Zakari knew quite a bit about healing from his mother as Liz was a brilliant Healer. He knew Harry was going to be in a lot of pain, so to cheer him up, he figured the boy would benefit from some time with Duncan and having a visitor.

He left to the Hospital Wing with Duncan and brought paper and quill with him so that they were able to talk without having to talk.

When he arrived, Harry was sitting up in his bed, with a very uncomfortable look on his face after ingesting the Skele-Grow. The boy seemed very confused by Zakari's presence until the boy gave him a small wave and an innocent smile. 

Still puzzled, Harry motioned him over with his good arm. Zakari walked over quietly at sat down at the edge of the bed. The corgi was placed down on the bed and the dog carefully made his way over to Harry and sniffed his arm before snorting.

"Well, thanks for the reminder." Harry smiled at the dog before petting the dog between the ears. 

He looked up to see that Zakari had written something to him.

Does it hurt really bad?

Harry shook his head no in response before motioning for the quill. Zakari handed it over to him.

It's really uncomfortable.

Zakari nodded his head and automatically went to signing, but stopped himself just a few seconds later as Harry was staring at him blankly. His cheeks became red before he took the quill back.

I'm sorry you got hurt.

Harry smiled. 

It's not your fault.

He informed the boy, which seemed to brighten Zakari's mood. But while he had the boy in front of him, he decided to take the opportunity to ask about what he knew about the chambers and how they had ended up at the same place.

How did you come upon Mrs. Norris? What brought you over to the bathroom?

Zakari instantly felt nervous, even though he didn't have anything to hide, but being under Harry's intense watch, made his hands shake as he took back the quill. But before he could, Harry wrote something else down.

I hear the voices, can you?

Zakari couldn't help but let out a small laugh at the odd question. He shook his head while pointing his ears.

It was Harry's turn to blush as he knew how stupid it must have come across, but he couldn't figure out how Zakari had found the place on his own.

The boy began scribbling something down but decided against it and crossed it out. Instead, he reached across as grabbed Harry's good hand. Leaving Harry's hand up, Zakari touched his fingertips.

"Feel." Zakari spoke.

He didn't seem to understand what Zakari was getting at, bringing the boy to smile as he leaned forward and touched the wall.

'Feel." He said louder.

Harry followed him and pressed his hand against the wall but he only felt the coolness. Rather than dwelling on the topic further, Harry just shrugged it off, thinking that Zakari didn't understand anything he was getting at. But he was thankful to have his company, and Duncan's too. 

He didn't stay too long as Madam Promfrey motioned that it was nearing curfew. Picking up Duncan from the bed, Zakari gave another smile and wave in Harry's direction before leaving.

Zakari made a mistake though, as he reached the dungeons to enter the Common Room, but he didn't know the password as normally Eve or Franklin was with him. He glanced down at Duncan who looked up at him. He frowned and decided that he needed to find a professor or someone to help him get in. He decided to head back in the direction he had come.

Suddenly, he felt the movement again in his feet, Duncan instantly became nervous. Pressing his hand against the wall, Zakari began following the movement again. He walked along but the movement in the wall was moving along rapidly that he could hardly keep up and he was nervous that he was going to get caught being out after curfew running around in the corridors.

He found himself back in the direction of the Hospital Wing, and not wanting to see creepy or stalker like to Harry, Zakari quickly pulling his hand away from the wall.

Duncan was panting behind him, his ears flickering about and the hackles on his back were straight up as they stood still.

Thinking about turning back and seeing if he could find someone else, Zakari came to a halt when he saw not only Professor Dumbledore, but Professor McGonagall with a small body with them. He seemed shock as he saw the young boy, a fellow first year by the name of the Colin Creevey, who was sorted into Gryffindor.

However, Zakari was not the only one in shock, as the headmaster and professor seemed surprised to see the student out of bed and about.

Professor Snape arrived and Dumbledore quickly instructed the Potion's master to take the boy back to the Slytherin Common Room immediately.

Walking alongside of the Professor, Zakari looked up at the man quietly with a worried glance that he was in a great deal of a trouble. But the boy didn't know that while he was stealing glances at the man, that the man was doing just the same to him. 

The boy had a striking resemblance to the Crow, not that the child was aware of that. But it was startling to see in person for those that had known the Crow. Now to find the child at the scene of both incidents of pretrification, things weren't looking favorable in his case. Despite being deaf, finding him at the scene wasn't good. He didn't believe the child was involved, but he was curious as to how the child seemed to be in the spots, each time.

Arriving back to the Slytherin entrance, the professor gave the password allowing Zakari and Duncan inside.

He said nothing or gave no other signal or sign before leaving.

Zakari sighed loudly before picking Duncan up and heading to the dorms.

He was ready to go home.