Chapter Twenty Seven

Zakari's hands skidded against the floor of the castle as he fell back and landed. Duncan was at his side in an instant tending to the boy with licks of comfort on the tops of Zakari's hands. Looking up, the boy caught sight of the person he had crashed into and immediately pulled his hands away from Duncan to start apologizing as quickly as possible.

He recognized the girl sitting across from him as she sat up. She was in the same year as him, they shared classes whenever it was Gryffindor and Slytherin paired into the same class block. Her red hair was draped over in her face, but her brown eyes peeked out from behind the red curtain of hair. She seemed to be glaring at him for a moment, before her entire face softened.

The creases in her forehead relaxed as her eyes met his. She muttered something out to him, but as she did, her eyes went wide as she realized that he didn't hear a word that she had uttered out. Her cheeks turned a bright crimson color to match her hair as she turned her head away quickly to conceal her embarrassment.

Zakari remained in place on the floor, unsure of what to do as the girl looked around in confusion. He remembered her name to be Ginny, as Franklin had once told him during class as the students had gone around in the beginning of the year and introduced themselves. He knew that she was sibling of the red haired boy that hung around Harry as he had seen them together numerous times.

"S-sorry." Zakari spoke, just wanting to make it a point to apologize in a language that she understood.

Ginny spun around and looked at him in surprise as she heard him speak.

Before she began speaking to him, Zakari saved himself the trouble of causing anymore confusion for the girl and lifted Duncan into his hands before leaving down the corridor quickly.

It was only later on that day that the boy would discover that there had been another attack, and once again Harry had been found at the scene of the crime.

"Oh no," Zakari thought to himself. He couldn't imagine how Harry felt having the whole school turning against him. Even Eve and Jean were voicing their doubts in his doubts, pointing out that he had been present for nearly every attack, but Zakari had pointed out that he had been present at a couple as well.

That didn't help any point of the argument especially in his favor as he watched Eve and Jean exchanged nervous glances with one another as the three sat in the Great Hall.

No longer feeling hungry, Zakari picked himself up from the table and left with Duncan in tow. Franklin stood up to follow him, but Zakari signed for the man to leave him alone, he just wanted some space.

The boy thought he was going mental with every passing second as it seemed that he was the only one who was able to feel the vibrations in the wall. When he tried to bring it up to his friends, and Franklin, they only seemed puzzled by what he was trying to explain. He didn't think it was complicated, but because it sounded okay to him and not everyone else, made him feel like he was really losing it.

Letting Duncan outside to relieve himself, Zakari wrapped his robes tighter around his body as he shivered when he felt a hand tap on his shoulder. He let out a small squeak that alerted Duncan to look in his direction as the boy turned around.

He saw Harry standing behind him alone, scratching the side of his face awkwardly before adjusting his glasses up his nose.

"Hello." Harry signed to him catching Zakari completely off guard as Harry had never signed to him before.

A smile drew across the younger boy's lips as he lifted his hands up.

"Hello." He signed in returned.

Harry's signing reminded Zakari of his father, with how slow and awkward the signing was, but he didn't dare giggling in the boy's presence as Harry seemed to be putting in a lot of effort to communicate.

"Can I talk to you?" Harry managed to get out after a few minutes of Zakari patiently waiting.

Zakari gave him a nod of the head in response.

"A-About....w-what?" Zakari asked him vocally. 

Harry stared at his hands trying to remember what he had gone over with Hermione, but his mind was drawing a blank. He could only rely on finger spelling. He slowly began to spell out what he wanted to discuss. Little did he know that Zakari didn't need him to go so slow, but the boy made no mention of it as he formed the letters in his head to piece together at the end.

Finally, a few minutes later, Harry had spelled everything out and placed his hands down to his side to show that he was finished.

Zakari formed the letters together.

"Chamber of Secrets."