⇲Chapter Three

Garrick had been waiting for the moment when it was time for Zakari to select his wand or rather to have the wand select him

Garrick had been waiting for the moment when it was time for Zakari to select his wand or rather to have the wand select him. Part of him suspected that there was one wand in particular that had refused ownership to any other witch or wizard that Garrick had attempted to pair off, that was destined for Zakari. But, of course, to give his grandson the pure experience as he did with the other children, Garrick had Zakari sit down as he gathered several wands to test out. Meanwhile, with the use of his own wand, he made sure to close up the shop when it came to locking the door and closing over the curtains to avoid any further interruptions.

He liked to put on a little show for Zakari, even though the pairing of the wand and owner was probably one of the more simpler aspects of the job. It was a proud moment for Garrick, honoured that he was given the opportunity to help Zakari out and no one else. He always had a good feeling that Zakari was going to be among the younger generation to set out and change the world for the better. Any way that he could contribute to his grandson's achievements was an achievement for him as well.

Moving around the shop, Garrick playfully took out several wands, looked them over and them placed them back, shaking his head. He danced around, searching for contenders while Zakari and Liz watched in amusement. Zakari was seated on a stool, swinging his legs back and forth, before he turned his gaze to his mother. Liz caught him almost right away, still smiling from Garrick's antics before giving her son her attention. She offered a wink in his direction before she walked over.

Pushing down a few items out of the way, Liz sat herself down on the counter and patted the spot next to her, motioning Zakari to join her. He quickly hopped off the stool and ran over to hop up, although he nearly missed and near the end, Liz had to lean forward to pull him up.

Zakari was feeling quite jittery at the moment, watching as his grandfather disappeared into one of the back rooms before turning to his mother. As soon as she saw his hands start to move, she gave him her undivided attention.

"How will I know which wand is the right one?"

As many times as he had watched the process, as much as Zakari knew so much information pertaining to wands because of spending so much time with Garrick, there was still worry that dwelled inside of him. He never heard what actually during place when a wand made a selection, did it make a noise? What would happen when he didn't hear it? Was the wand capable of changing its choice? His mother could read the worried expression and quickly tried to calm him down as she reached out and touched his forehead to bring Zakari to look at her again.

"You feel it," she said as he watched her lips. She reached out and grabbed his hands, lifting them up and turning them over so that his palms were facing upward at the time. "Here."

She pointed to the centre of his palm, tickling his hand which caused Zakari to squeal with a little laugh. He tried to pull away but before he could, Liz reached out and touched his forehead again.