2.

"Yes ma'am!" Faith shouted as she took pictures of Charnae. "Girl, you definitely need to get your social media back because these pictures are worth posting!"

Charnae allowed her father's words to convince her to have a little fun. She was dressed in a simple black crop top with ripped jeans and Air Jordan 1s. Her hair was pulled back into a sleek low ponytail. She had on a small amount of makeup with lashes. Charnae had to put in little to no effort to look pretty.

"Y'all ready?" Torah asked.

"Yeah, let's go." Faith replied.

The party was across campus, but it was walking distance from their dorm building. They made it there within ten minutes and it was already wild, which Faith and Torah loved.

"Look, there go the boys!" Torah said over the loud music. They made their way over to the men who were posted up in the kitchen drinking and joking.

"Hey, ladies." Jordan said once he saw the girls approaching them.

"Hey." Both Torah and Faith replied. Charnae remained quiet. Her roommates were being a little too parched for her.

"Y'all friend can't speak?" Trey teased as he eyed Charnae.

"She's just a little shy. She'll come around." Faith told him. "Char, this is Jordan, Trey, Mike, Damien, and Leon—and Leon's girlfriend, Ivy. Everyone, this is Charnae. She's from St. Louis."

Everyone—except Charnae—knew each other from school, or the neighborhood. Leon was the glue to the friend group because his mother's house was the hang out spot for everybody.

"Girl, you are beautiful!" Ivy exclaimed.

Charnae smiled shyly. "Thank you."

"There's no need to be shy around us, aight? We love everybody around here." Damien assured her with a smile.

Charnae nodded, appreciating the southern hospitality. She glanced at her roommates who were currently in their crushes' faces. She decided to look for somewhere to sit, but ran into the guy who was introduced to her as Trey.

"You've always been shy?" Trey asked as he took a sip of his drink.

"Kind of." Charnae replied with a light chuckle.

Trey smiled. "It's always the pretty ones who are extremely shy when they shouldn't be."

Charnae couldn't help but blush. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Trey said.

-

Charnae ended up having a great time at the party—especially with Trey. Once she got two drinks and a few shots in her, she was able to let loose. Everyone was currently walking back to their dorm building. They were all located in the same building—just different floors.

"Dinner at my mama's house on Sunday at 6. Y'all know the drill." Leon said as he and Ivy walked a different direction. "Quay, you need to be there too." He was the only one of the group who actually called her Quay.

"Hold on!" Faith yelled, making Mike shush her. "Where y'all going?"

Leon sucked his teeth. "Mind your business, freshman. I'll see y'all later."

"How you feel, Charnae?" Trey asked as they continued their journey to the building.

"Relaxed." Charnae replied. "Thanks for showing me a good time."

"No problem." Trey smiled.

The boys made sure the girls made it to their dorm before going to their own. Damien and Trey shared a dorm with one other person while Jordan, Mike, and Leon shared a dorm.