34.

"Aww, Leon!" Charnae pouted as she walked into Leanne's living room where he sat in the recliner with an ice pack resting on his ankle. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good. Come here." He said.

Leon ended up suffering a sprained ankle and he will be missing four to six games depending on how fast it heals. His classes will be online and he will be staying with Leanne for the meantime until his ankle heals.

Charnae got onto the recliner with him as she avoided to touch his ankle. She softly kissed his lips and rested her head on his shoulder. "I'm glad it wasn't severe. Jordan told me what happened in the most dramatic way possible. He had me scared." Charnae told him.

Leon chuckled. "I'm good, baby. My feelings are hurt because this is the first injury I've ever had and it was self inflicted."

"It's okay." Charnae said as she kissed his forehead. "You'll be back and better than ever!"

"Thank you, beautiful." Leon said with a smile.

"Mama made some cookies." Tierra said as she walked into the living room with a plate. "Don't eat em all."

Leon sucked his teeth. "Negro, you probably ate five already with yo greedy ass."

"And? Mind yo business, ugly ass." Tierra retorted.

Charnae laughed. "Stop arguing, y'all."

"He started with me first." Tierra defended.

"Nobody told you to eat all them damn cookies." Leon told her.

"Boy, I'll chop you in yo ankle." Tierra threatened, making Leon gasp and Charnae laugh.

"That's e-damn-nough." Leanne said as she walked into the living room. "Tierra, come in here and finish your chores."

"Oop." Leon snickered.

"Lee, shut up." Leanne scolded. "Now I'm about to get my rest for my shift tonight. Charnae better not have any trouble out of y'all."

"Yes ma'am." Both of them said.

The doorbell rang and Leanne went to open it. A few moments later, Leanne was escorting James in the living room who was holding a get well soon gift basket filled with snacks.

"Aww, man!" Leon exclaimed with a smile. "Thank you! I appreciate this."

"No problem." James said as he sat the basket on the folding table next to him. "Your mama called me right after I saw it on ESPN. Thank God it's just a sprain."

Leon nodded. "Yeah, I'm gonna try to make it back before the rivalry game."

"You need to pace yourself and not try to hurry back." Leanne chimed in. Leon side eyed his mother who rolled her eyes at him making James and Charnae laugh. "Anyway, James. This is Leon's girlfriend, Charnae."

"Nice to meet you, young lady."

Charnae smiled. "You too."

"Alright, I'm going to head on out. I have an important surgery that I need to be up at two in the morning for." James said.

"Two? What time is the surgery?" Leanne asked.