23.

Dear Charnae,

I am surprised to hear from you. There's not much I can actually say expect sorry. I'm sorry for everything I put you and the other girls through. I didn't see my wrongs. I was arrogant, stupid, and disgusting. I'm paying for all the wrong I have done.

I can't give an explanation on why. I was just stupid. If I could go back in time and change things then I would. Thank you for forgiving me. I hope you go far in life. I'm glad that I am no longer a burden to you. Stay blessed.

Sincerely,
Trey

Everyone looked at Charnae after Torah finished reading the letter. She received Trey's letter about a week and a half ago, but she was too shaky to open it. She finally allowed Torah to read it with everyone sitting around to comfort her just in case.

"How do you feel, baby?" Leon asked her.

Charnae sighed and glanced at him. "I feel—I feel free."

"We're really proud of you, sis. I'm glad you finally got your closure." Damien told her and everyone nodded.

"So, if this isn't too much—I was thinking maybe we could move to the next step and make this thing official." Leon said, making all the girls squeal in excitement.

Charnae giggled. "We've been official since spring break—I just didn't tell you yet."

"Period pooh!" Faith shouted as she stuck her tongue out.

Leon laughed. "Alright then, mamas. When is our anniversary date then?"

"March 9th." Charnae said with a smile.

Leon could help but smile back because that was the night when they said they loved each other. He softly kissed her lips, making the girls go crazy.

"Y'all are so damn cute!" Tia exclaimed.

"Can I plan the wedding?!" Torah chimed in.

"Y'all running out." Damien told the girls. "Calm yall asses down."

-

"Ma, why is this list so long?" Leon asked as he looked at the menu for his birthday cookout.

Every year, Leanne threw a cookout for Leon's birthday, which is a couple days away on April 19th. She made it a tradition since his first birthday. Leon enjoyed his cookouts and did not mind them at all.

"Because we got a few more mouths to feed this year and some of them are picky." Leanne replied as she wiped down her countertops.

"I guess so. I just don't want you spending all this money." Leon told her.

"Don't worry about that, Lee. You know I always save up for your birthday every year." Leanne told him. "I can't believe my baby boy is turning twenty. Where did the time go?"

Leon smiled. "I'm still your baby boy, mama." He assured her. "I appreciate everything you do for me." Leanne kissed Leon's cheek and hugged him.

Charnae walked inside the kitchen with Tierra and DJ behind her. The three of them just came back from getting decorations for Leanne.

"Y'all got everything?" Leanne asked.

"Yes ma'am." Tierra replied.

"Charnae bought me this." DJ said as he pulled out a can of silly string.

"You better not spray that in my kitchen." Leanne scolded. DJ smirked as he sprayed Leanne with the silly string, making her curse and everyone else laugh. "Boy, I'm gonna knock yo ass out! You play too damn much!" DJ ran out of the kitchen as Leanne ran behind him with Tierra not too far behind.