45.2

"Cairo, why are you screaming?" Charnae asked the baby as she picked her up. The eight month old continued to scream while Charnae looked at her with a dull face. "Really, girl? I gave you your teething ring, but you threw it."

Cairo began to scream louder. Charnae walked into the kitchen and went into the freezer to grab a piece of mango. She placed it on Cairo's gums which caused her to stop screaming and close her mouth on the frozen fruit. Cairo replaced Charnae's hand with hers and began to gum on the fruit. Charnae walked back into the living room and placed Cairo in her swing so she could enjoy her snack while watching Gracie's Corner.

The doorbell rung and Charnae went to open it, revealing Gregory and Leah. "Hey, baby girl." Gregory said as the two of them walked in.

"Hey, Charnae." Leah said. "Where are the boys? They would usually be at the door too."

Charnae smiled. "Hey, they're upstairs with Faith getting their hair braided. We can sit in the living room. I'm just doing some laundry." They all went into the living room and Gregory didn't waste any time picking up Cairo. "So—um—I just want to get right to the situation." Charnae said as she put the laundry basket to the side. "The other day, I was calling to check on you, daddy, and you weren't answering the phone so I checked the cameras to make sure you were alright and I saw y'all—umm—having relations on the living room couch."

"Oh gosh!" Leah gasped as her face turned red.

"We're sorry, Charnae." Gregory said quickly.

"It's okay. Y'all don't have to apologize." Charnae assured them. "I was just a little irritated and I didn't really know how to feel when it came to my mom, but that is something that I have to deal with. I just wanted y'all aware."

Leah sighed. "I understand and I am sorry that you witnessed that—I know it had to be uncomfortable."

"And thank you for making us aware. I sensed a bit of frustration from you." Gregory chimed in. "If it's not too much information, I would like for you to know that it was casual and only that time. I may not ever remarry another woman—I just had needs."

"Yes, same here. We were in agreement on that before anything happened." Leah said.

Charnae nodded as she blew out a breath of relief. "That was easier than expected."

Both Leah and Gregory laughed. "I can only imagine how many times you had this conversation in your head." Gregory said.

"A lot." Charnae replied. "Oh and by the way, you may want to have a conversation with Dee too."

"Oh hell." Leah sighed as she shook her head. "Now I need to practice for that."

-

"Alright, family meeting." Leon said as stood in the living room. "Noah Isaiah Thompson?"

"Here." Noah said.

"Kyler Jermaine Thompson?"

"Here."

"Cairo Aaliyah Thompson?" Leon looked over at Cairo who was asleep from being milk drunk. "Okay, not willing to participate. My beautiful wife?"

Charnae giggled. "Here."

"Why does she get the compliment but we our full names called?" Noah asked.