43.

"She hates me now. I know she does." Charnae cried.

"Baby, you have nothing to worry about, okay?" Leon assured her. "This was all me. It was my idea to go behind everyone's back. Don't stress yourself out about this."

It's been almost an hour and a half and Charnae was still hysterical. Leon was upset as well, but he wanted to make sure that Charnae was okay.

"I'm sorry." Charnae said.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, baby." Leon told her. Leon's phone began to ring and he saw that it was his grandfather calling. "Hello?" He answered.

"You two come back 'round here." Jermaine said.

"Yes, sir." With that, they ended the call. "Granddaddy said for us to go back over there."

"But your mom—"

"If he's telling us to come over then he got to the bottom of it. C'mon, baby." Leon assured her.

Charnae sighed and followed Leon out of the house. They got to Leanne's house within a few minutes and joined Leanne and Jermaine in the living room.

"I apologize for the way I reacted." Leanne began. "I'm just upset that we weren't apart of your big day."

"We understand, mama." Leon said as he looked at Charnae who nodded. "We acted on impulse. We knew everyone would feel some type of way—even if they didn't show it. Before you got upset, we were gonna tell y'all that we were going to plan a ceremony so that everyone would be in attendance."

"Aww, babies. I feel so terrible for reacting that way." Leanne told them. "And I'm so sorry, Charnae. I apologize for making you cry."

Charnae gave her a small smile and nodded. "It's okay."

"Alright, now." Jermaine said as he got up from the recliner. "My work here is done. I will see y'all on draft night. I'll be bringing a date with me."

"A date?!" Leon and Leanne said at the same time.

"That's what I said." Jermaine replied as he headed towards the door. "I'll see y'all later."

"Nah, we gotta talk about this." Leon said, getting up to follow his grandfather.

-

"Boy! We had a time last night!" Jordan exclaimed.

"Jordan, shut up." Leon said as he twisted the top off his Gatorade. The crew—except for Charnae decided to stay up and play drinking games. "I shouldn't have followed up with y'all. Now I'm late to get my haircut."

"And who's fault is that?" Damien asked. "I told you not to wait until the morning of the draft, fool."

"Fuck y'all, aight." Leon retorted.

Charnae walked into the kitchen and stretched with a smile on her face. "Happy draft day."

"Thanks, lil sis." Damien replied. "You should've convinced your husband to follow your lead and get his haircut yesterday."

Faith did a vixen sew in on Charnae with hair that matched her curl type. Faith was shocked by the request, but was happy to do it because she hasn't done a vixen since her freshman year of high school. She was able to refresh her technique.

"Baby, tell them to leave me alone." Leon said as he hugged her from behind.

"My name is Bennett and I ain't in it." Charnae told them. "I just wanted to see if someone was cooking breakfast yet. I'm starving."

"What you want, love? I'll make you something." Leon offered.

"What about us?" Jordan asked.

"Fuck y'all." Leon said. "My baby wasn't feeling well and I know we kept waking her up last night."