33.

Faith scoffed as she tossed her phone to the side before proceeding to read her book. Three months have passed and Mike texted her an I miss you and I'm sorry text. She's finally healed from the break up. She's still struggling a bit with the miscarriage, but she is heading in the right direction of healing.

"You can chill in there and I'll be back." Faith heard Jordan say as he walked through the door.

Faith looked up from her book and saw Drew walking in the living room. Faith did find him attractive, but he wasn't her type. She had a thing for guys who were a bit rough and Drew was far from that. He grew up in the suburban part of Hampton, Virginia and was very sheltered from a lot of things, but he was aware.

"Oh, hey." Drew said once he saw Faith. "Do you mind if I sit in here?"

"Make yourself at home." Faith told him.

Drew nodded and sat down on the other couch. Faith went back to reading her book and Drew couldn't help but to stare at her. Faith could see him staring at the corner of her eye, but she didn't mind it because he would do it during class at times. He wasn't doing it in a creepy way—he was just admiring the beauty before him.

"What are you reading—if you don't mind me asking?" Drew asked.

"October Suite." Faith said, looking up from her book. "Are you a reader?"

"Yeah, I love a good read." Drew replied.

"I bet, number three." Faith said with a smirk.

Drew smiled. "So I'm no stranger to you, huh?"

"You are a stranger to me." Faith told him as she stood up to let the dogs inside. "The only thing I know about you is your athletic abilities."

"Well—maybe you can learn more about me and I can learn more about you." Drew suggested.

Faith opened the door for Blue and Belle who immediately went over to Drew and sniffed his legs and feet. He reached down to both dogs and began to pet them.

"Let's exchange numbers and set a date." Faith said, catching him by surprise.

"Definitely." Drew said as he stopped petting the dogs and quickly pulled out his phone. Blue began to bark at him due to the lack of attention. "Hold on, pup. I'm on a mission." Drew said, making Faith laugh.

-

"So, y'all have been talking and texting all day?" Charnae asked as she stocked the shelves with folded hoodies. Charnae was currently at work and Faith stopped by to visit her before she went to the house.

"Yes, and he bought me a mango dragon fruit refresher with lemonade from Starbucks to class—venti size, girl!" Faith said.

"And I oop—that man likes you!" Charnae hyped.

"I know!" Faith squealed. "We're going on a date Saturday night. I don't know what I'm going to wear. He said to dress comfortable. I think we're going to see a movie or something."

"Wear something similar to what you have on now and dress it up with some jewelry." Charnae told her.

Faith looked down at the lilac jumpsuit she had on with a brown sweater and brown Uggs. "That's a good idea. I can wear my grey sweatsuit with black sweater and either my grey and black ones or my charcoal grey Uggs."

"Wear the Uggs." Charnae said. "And get your hair out of this raggedy ass bun and put in some bundles! You always make sure I'm good when it comes to my hair, but you never do your own."

"Okay, Leon Jr." Faith laughed. "I need to see if Tia's auntie has bundles on hand because I don't have enough time to order any."

"Do a side part bob." Charnae said and Faith agreed.