44.

Charnae and Leon laughed as they got off the phone with Gregory. He was the first one to know about Charnae's pregnancy due to him calling right after her appointment. He was very happy for his daughter and Leon. Now, he was super ecstatic about Leon being able to play for his dream team and he was making a big fuss about it over the phone. Everything in him wished he could be there to celebrate with them.

"Did the doctor ever give you a conception date?" Leon asked as they cuddled in the bed.

"During spring break." Charnae replied with a smile.

Leon smirked. "I did put in work that week."

"I'm nervous, Leon." Charnae admitted. "It's exciting, but I'm nervous."

"I am too, baby." Leon told her. "We got this though and we got a whole team behind us."

"We'll be in Texas though. The closest person would be Damien." Charnae said.

"Well, if mama agrees to move to Texas too, then we won't worry about that." Leon replied.

Charnae giggled. "You know she is not leaving South Carolina."

"Nah, she will now that you're giving her a grand baby." Leon said.

"Stop giving me all the credit." Charnae told him. "We're giving her a grand baby."

Leon shook his head. "All I did was release the kid. You're gonna be carrying and birthing the baby. You doing all the work, girl."

"I guess, but we're both still responsible for this baby growing in my belly." Charnae said.

"Excuse me!" Faith shouted as she, Torah, and Tia walked into the room. "Leon, the guys are waiting for you up front so you can go to the hotel room. Tomorrow is your wedding day!"

"Wait, what?!" Both Leon and Charnae exclaimed.

"Y'all heard her. We need to do this before y'all leave for Texas." Tia chimed in. "Hurry up and leave, Leon. In thirty seconds it will officially be twenty four hours before the wedding and we need to follow tradition. Get yo ass out!"

Still confused, Leon kissed Charnae's lips and got up from the bed. He slipped on his crocs and left the room.

-

Leon stood next to his grandfather in Leanne's beautifully decorated backyard. The yard was decorated in white and pink. Leon never pictured himself wearing a white suit with a pink bow tie, but he was here for it.

First, Leanne walked down the aisle with James as Couple Of Forevers by Chrisette Michele began to play. She wore a pink dress with gold shoes and accessories. Her hair was pinned up and curled and she had light makeup on her face. James wore a similar suit with Leon—along with the other men.

Next, Leah walked down the aisle with Detrick who had to disappear for his next role in the ceremony. She matched Leanne with her dress and accessories, but her short hair was uniformly curled.

Now it was time for the bridesmaids. They all wore different styles of pink dresses with gold accessories and carried white roses. First, Faith walked with the dogs on both sides of her wearing pink tutus followed by Tia with Drew, Torah with Jordan, and Tierra with DJ. Afterwards, Detrick walked down the aisle once more as the ring bearer and flower girl. He threw the pink and white roses with one hand as he held the rings in the other. He definitely outdid the job.

Finally, it was time for Charnae to walk down the aisle with Damien as First Time by Teeks began to play. She wore a white lace backless dress with off the shoulders straps. She wore an updo with a vintage cap veil. The dress and veil belonged to Jermaine'a late wife. It was his idea to allow Charnae to wear it and it was the perfect fit.