Cuddles and coffee

Pearl woke up to the warmth of what she thought was a pillow but soon realized just what it was. She had her head on Garnets shoulder her hair was the soft cushion that Pearl had slept on. She looked around the room to see everyone else's was gone. How long had they slept for!? Was what raced through Pearls mind at the moment. Before she could move more than an inch Garnet let out a distressed moan and pulled Pearl closer. She let out a gasp of shock but stayed still. (I guess I can stay here a bit longer) Pearl thought as she settled back down. It wasn't long before Garnet woke. The fusion is very alert. "*yawn* Good morning Pearl". Pearl shivered a little not from being cold because Garnet was to warm for that it was the nervousness she felt. "Good morning Garnet how was your night?". "Interesting those movies really got us thinking about things". "Oh I see ummm well would you look at the time I have to go and uhh make Steven breakfast?". "Pearl its 2:30 pm I don't think he'll want breakfast at this hour". "Oh wait 2:30!?". "Its OK Pearl we were up for quite a while and nothing has been happening that concerns me". "You haven't seen any futures with homeworld or corrupted gems or-!". Garnet pressed her finger to Pearl's mouth. "No Pearl you have nothing to worry about do you understand me". "Yes Garnet". "*giggles* your doing it again Pearl". "Doing what?". "*bright smile😊* Never mind now how about you and me get a cup of coffee". "I've tried eating its terrible is drinking different?". "Yes Pearl and do you realize when we eat it doesn't pass through your body like a human right it just kind of evaporates". "Really?". "I don't eat often but yes". "Wait you like coffee?". "Well Greg gave me a cup and its quite enjoyable". "Oh OK". Both gems went into the kitchen and got cups of the breackfasty drink. Pearl looked down at the dark brown liquid. "Is it safe". Garnet took a long sip. "Yes". "Pearl took a small sip causing her to spit it out immediately. "Its so hot and bitter". "Oh sorry". Garnet poured a light golf liquid into Pearls cup. "Whats that?". "Its coffee creamer it helps with both those things". Pearl reluctantly took another sip. It tasted a lot better and was at a more soothing temp."Mmmm that's much better Garnet". The two giggled together for a moment then stared in silence. "Pearl I wanted to tal-". "Hey finally you two are up you were both like sleepy cuddly teddy bears last night!". Pearl blushed slightly at Amethyst's comment. "Yes we were tired Garnet you were saying". She paused as if she was thinking "never mind Pearl it was irrelevant". "Oh OK "Pearl hid her disappointment. "OK you two how about we all go out for volleyball later". " Very well I do enjoy that earth game".Pearl looked very happy at this. "Garnet what about you". "Yes I will play volleyball". "Great I'll be the ball!". The gems smiled at Amethyst's enthusiasm and enjoyed the rest of the coffee.