A Afternoon under the moon

Pearl sat on the couch reading a book. Madame Bovary the story focuses on a doctor's wife, Emma Bovary, who has adulterous affairs and lives beyond her means in order to escape the banalities and emptiness of provincial life. Sorry quote. The book was quite interesting to Pearl. It had won many prizes and had a good plot. She was already half way through it she was a very fast reader. Next she thought she night read war and peace it sounded like a good novel. She was just about finished with a chapter when Garnet sat down. "What are you reading Pearl?". "Oh its Madame Bovary". "I've read that one". "You read?". "Yes it was a good way to past time before TV". "It still is now I read more than I watch TV its so much fun". "Do you listen to music Pearl?". "Oh yes Sunme's 24 hours". "Pearl would you like to go have are alone time now?". "Oh now uhh sure that would be great Garnet". Pearl sat her book down and followed Garnet to the warp pad. "Were are we going?". "We're going to Mask Island". "With the watermelons?". "Yes don't worry they know were coming so they're going to keep a low profile". "How do the-". "Pearl I had Steven tell them". "Oh OK should I grab a towel or two". "I have a cooler of everything we'll need but yes some towels would be nice". Pearl ran out into the hand of the temple and grabbed a few towels pale blue and dark red. They were beach towels so they'd be perfect for the two. Pearl ran back to Garnet who was on the warp pad with the cooler. They warped to mask island setting the towels on the sand and opening the cooler. Garnet handed Pearl a soda and cracked open one for her self. She began to gulp it down so Pearl took a sip. "Ow that stings!". "*giggles* It normally does that if its your 1st sip but in your case its your 1st soda". "How can you just drink or do anything and it doesn't hurt!?". "Ruby's hot Sapphire's cold I'm electric". "Oh I guess that makes since". Garnet stared at the water it was beautiful. The sun was just going down so it reflected of the water. It made it shine the sky was clear promising there would be a lot of stars. It smelled great too the scent of fresh fallen afternoon dew was so refreshing to breath in. The gems laid next to each other talking about things that had been going on they shared an occasional laugh Garnet had her visor off for the longest time she had ever had it off. She just kept watching Pearl with a smile. She wouldn't stop talking and Garnet knew this was the happiest she had been in a long time. " then there was a Amethyst oh amethyst it was SO funny she wouldn't stop running and laughing and and...". "*Laugh* OK Pearl slow down ". "*Hyperventilating* sorry few I'm just so...I'm so glad we can spend time together again". "Yeah me too". "Garnet look at the stars there so graceful at this time in the year". "Yes". Garnet looked up at them with a big smile she loved the scenery here it looked so lovely especially Pearl her light blue skin looked perfect in the lighting of the moon. "We should be heading back now Garnet". "Its OK Pearl Steven's spending the night at Connie's house and Amethyst is having a sleep over with the barn gems". "Oh that's so amazing Garnet". Pearl jumped hugged Garnet who smiled and hugged her back tightly. They both laid there for a moment staring into each others big eyes. Pearl laid on Garnets chest they were cuddling for a second time. They both loved the feeling of warmth. It wasn't long before they both feel asleep in the light of the moon with smiles.