Chapter 2 Legre

Here's another chapter to get things started :)) then it's one upload per week (hopefully)

so how do you guys think of it so far?

this chapter is dedicated to LivvyGrl, thanks for your votes on TaL :)

a bit sad that it didn't make it to finals, but at least I tried :)

-----------------------

One second everything was perfectly normal, then a piercing alarm sounded throughout the entire school Everyone's head jerked up in alarm. My heart skipped a beat and I quickly shoved all my belongings into my school bag and stood up. This was the Amber Alarm, and that would mean a Legre invasion.

I could see fear on my classmates' faces. We almost never had an Amber Alarm, the last time was almost 150 years ago, back when the Citybase wall was first built. UK never had any large animals back before the World-Enders so there were never any large Legres that could threaten those walls.

My head was whirling in thoughts of what kind of Legre would have caused the alarm. It can't be too serious, it might just be a false alarm or some squirrel Legres sneaking in.

No one spoke as we exited the classroom in a single file, I took a deep breath trying to calm myself and clutched onto Elizabeth's hand. I could feel her hand sweating and gave her a reassuring squeeze. She returned a half-smile to me, her brows furrowed together with worried. We all knew that it must be serious for them to sound the alarm, despite all the doubts of a Legree attacking London Citybase.

We gathered in the school playground. Each school was meant to have a safety dungeon built with re-enforced steel wars and vault level door and lock. But, our school was small and being in London everyone thought it would be a waste of resources to build such a thing in every school.

Instead, London was divided into 10 districts each with one safety dungeon. Our school was in district 9 along with one other private school. Their headmaster were friendly with the official at the time so the safety dungeon in District 9 were built in their school.

Each safety dungeon have several tunnels connecting to different part of each district for entrance and escape purposes and each with a vault door. The closest tunnel entrance to our school situated in the main road a block away, we only ever had a trial Amber Alarm once and some of the smaller children had never experienced it before and were shaking with fear.

In fact, everyone looked scared. Some of the older student broke out of the file to comfort their younger siblings. Even the teacher looked unease, which shattered any doubts of this being a practice run.

The tactic of the evacuation technique was that three small groups of people leave the school at the same time using different route to reach the entrance to minimise the chances of being hunt down in one go. The procedure was that the youngest year is priorities with form tutors and school officers leading each class, with an older year group in each lot help protecting the young ones.

I looked around to see that they had evacuated two lots already. Being in year 11 I pretty much had to wait till the end since we are smack in the middle year group. My whole body was shaking like a leaf, my heart beating abnormally fast and hard. I tried to take deep breaths to calm myself but this method was far from working by now.