Chapter 6 New Beginnings

Hey guys here is an early upload to make up for the lack of it last month! I was sooo excited to write this chapter and you will see why! I hope....

----------------------------------

Flying was probably one of the most exciting experience I ever had in my life. But it's also something that I wasn't eager to try again anytime soon.

The view from the window of the sun raising through the twinkling azure sky with layers of pink, orange, crimson clouds underneath it was breath-taking. However, the Hawk Legres that attack us were also breath taking. Miss Sewell didn't even blinked an eye when the Legre flew right up the plane, looked at us, and tried to pry open the plane. I swore I had never felt so scared in my life! The plane kept jolting around and at one point I was almost certain that it was going to fall apart.

'Don't worry about it, it just wanted something to play with.' Miss Sewell said, I was clutching to the armrest with all my might and sweats were beading down my forehead. I gave her an incredulous look. It just wanted something to play with? She was kidding me, right?

Of course though, the Legre did leave us alone eventually. We did, however got attacked by two more flock of Legres on our way to the POE Academy, I didn't think I could ever get to a point where I could take it as easily as Miss Sewell. I swear that woman doesn't have fear in her vocabulary.

'What is the school like?' I decided that I really should try to gear up for this school if she didn't think I would last more than a week in there. And the best way to do it is snooping, of course.

Immediately I got the image of that gorgeous Victorian building again, with lustrous green fields and students milling around in some sort of uniform. Then I saw a pretty normal looking classrooms, but the students inside it are not so ordinary. They were doing all sorts of things, a guy's arm stretched half way across the room hitting another guy's head and that guy turned around to spit at him which burned a hole in his uniform. And in the mist of it all a guy was just quietly sitting there, surrounded by a ring of ice, obviously freezing and no one seemed to find that odd or tried to help him. They just carried on as if a kid being frozen is the most natural thing in the world.

Feeling like I was going to be sick I pulled out of Miss Sewell mind and tuned into what she was actually telling me.

'.....it's for students from age 4 to 18, we don't really have a university and students just jump straight into jobs or apprenticeships.' She said, I blinked a few times, missing the first part of her speech since I was snooping in her head.

'Apprenticeship?' I asked, it was probably the only thing that I picked up. Jobs, I knew about, the Prime Minister's bodyguards whom minds I read were POE, but who and what can POEs be apprentice for.

'There are important jobs out in the world that only a POE has the abilities to be cope with. But these jobs also require some extra training.' Miss Sewell said, in a strained voice, probably (and was, I read her mind on that) thinking that I was stupid or something.

'Oh wow, like what?' I asked, ignoring that particular thought of hers. She was probably too use to living in the POE world that she forgot there are normal people who don't know this stuff. Or at least, people who used to be normal.

'Special Police officers who deal with Legres.' She said, my thoughts jumped to Nigel. Of course, who better to battle the Legres than those who were also mutated.

I spent the rest of the flight musing over what I should expect in POE Academy. Obviously there was going to be bullies. That's why Miss Sewell thought I wouldn't last a week. But she probably didn't know about my power, otherwise she wouldn't have thought that. Or she still thought that I wouldn't last a week. Students there must be pretty scary to make her think that.