Chapter 25 Glitz and Glam

“Come on Gail! Walk faster or we are going to be late.” Holly said, turning her head back slightly to look at me. I tried to walk faster but it felt like my keens were about to buckle any seconds. Wow, heels are hell to walk in; I had no idea how the three of them could walk so fast.

We all gathered at Casey’s room to get ready and they taught me how to use make up. It was kind of weird, sort of like poking your eyes with stuff; but Casey assured me that every girl would be at least wearing some.

By the time we arrived, slightly out of breath with aching feet almost everyone had already gathered outside the dinning room, waiting the door to open. I saw some of the younger kids dressed in cute little dresses and suits and they looked adorable. Apparently most kids burrow formal cloths from older students, because a single dress or suits can costs well over several hundred UGD, and not everyone can spare so much to buy an expensive item of clothing which will only last them for a few years.

“Oh my, you look great Gail.” Nate said, appearing out of nowhere and scared everyone. Holly jumped from surprise and smacked him on the shoulder hard.

“Right, you look lovely too Holly.” Nate added, but I knew from his thoughts that he found her stunning. Aww. “You girls look pretty good too.” He added, turning to Casey and Joan.

“Why thank you.” Casey said, doing a mock courtesy making everyone around us laugh. I looked around nervously, not entirely comfortable in my attire. I flipped my hair back to make sure most of my back was well covered. If I could have my way, I’ll wear something over it; but Casey wouldn’t let me, and you don’t cross Casey or you die (pretty much).

At seven p.m. sharp, the double doors swung open and the crowd piled in in an orderly fashion. We have to sit, guess what, in our tutor group, since they are suppose to be your ‘family’ in the school. It wasn’t even funny. The long tables were temporarily separated into smaller tables for each tutor group (or several tutor groups). Our tutor group was to sit with another tutor group, who happened to be Megan’s, and the Gracia twin’s.

I sighed as my friends bide my good luck (with a pointed glance and slightly PG13 thoughts from Elise) and headed to their tables. I made my way to the table at the front right; Mr. Andrewson was already sat at the teacher’s table and was conversing with a lady, whom I realised with a jolt was Miss Sewell.

I haven’t seen Miss Sewell since she brought me here, and she looked absolutely gorgeous in a dark gradient ball gown adorned with tiny crystals that sparkles. The colour set off her alabaster skin perfectly and I could feel more than a dozen indecent thoughts about her from the male students. I almost gag from catching glimpses of some of them.

Shaking those R-rated thoughts from my mind I walked slowly to my designated table, kind of glad that the faculty has their own table. God knows how hard it would be to try and eat with Mr. Andrewson in your face. When I got to the table Megan and Tom was already there. Megan said hi to me in a friendly tone while Tom continued to frown at something without acknowledging my arrival. I was starting to think his face was born that way now.

I looked and saw that each plate has a name card on it. Our table was set for eight people (the other tutor group has five people, but eight is the standard size), and Megan and Tom were sitting on the edge of one side of the table.