Chapter 23 Past Present Future

Holla guys :) sorry for being a little late! But here this is!

---------

'I still can't believe it.' Natalie moaned for the hundredth time as we sat down for lunch, 'and it was your first game too!'

I mumbled something in agreement and shoved the burger on my plate into my mouth, hoping that would keep me off from anymore responds. It had been a week since the game had came to an unexpected end, and everyone was still grieving over it.

Mr. Andrewson announced later that it was due to the two earth tornado the Elementalists created overloading the system. Everyone ate that story up with no trouble and that annoying guy (who turned out to be called Billy) had became the subject of harassment for a few days for ruining the game. I suspected the only one who knew the truth was Mr. Andrewson. Even those who were smart enough to know that two little tornado would never overload such a sophisticated system wouldn't have guessed that it was me who caused it.

He had also summoned me into his office a few days after, probably not wanting to draw attention to me.

'Miss Beckett.' He said without looking up as I entered the door. 'Have a seat.'

I took a seat quietly in the middle chair opposite his desk, hoping that if I were quiet enough then I wouldn’t get reprimanded as much.

'You should know why I have called you here.' he said, giving me a knowing smile. I nodded and waited for his next word.

'Can you tell me exactly what happened?' He said, cutting straight to the chase. I recounted my story to him; he kept his expression neutral and nodded occasionally. When I finished, he sighed.

'Luckily, I don't think anyone suspect you were behind all these.' Mr. Andrewson said, I breathed a sigh of relieve. 'However, I think it's time for me to start giving you private lessons.'

My eyes widened at his suggestion, my jaw slacked opened and a range of emotions flooded inside me. Surprised, shocked and slightly excited. Wow, private lessons from the headmaster, I kind of feel like Harry Potter!

I nodded instead of giving a verbal reply, afraid that I might start shrieking or end up making some incoherent noises. Mr. Andrewson chuckled at me and I remembered that he could read my thoughts, even though my mind wall was up, the emotions in my thoughts must have seeped out. Damn my overactive brain.

‘I will send you an e-mail notifying you on the time and place.’ Mr. Andrewson said, I nodded and took that as cue for me to leave.

‘Earth to Gail.’ I blinked as my eyes refocused on Joan’s waving hand; I didn’t even realised she had joined us at the lunch table. ‘What do you have next?’

I released my half eaten burger back on the plate and grinned at them.‘I have a free period.’ I said cheerfully, picking my burger back up. Everyone made disgruntled noises at my good luck.

Just then the bell rang signaling the end of lunch period and everyone got up with his or her tray. ‘See you later than Gail!’