⚜4⚜

I blinked my heavy eyelids open as they weighed down on me like blocks of cement, senses rather dull at current moments. I felt the pressure on my legs and wrists lift, tiny pinpricks of relief mixed with pain on my inner wrists as well. My sight returned to find myself looking to the right dully at a metal table with what seemed to be blood spilling from IVs hooked up on either side, now dangling limp on the floor with the liquid dripping to the floor, leather restraints torn. My shoulders were being violently shaken by someone, causing me to turn my head with a painful force, temples pulsing as I stared up to meet the Crimson eyes laced with anger and worry gazing down at me. His mouth moved as if he were speaking, or shouting, but I heard nothing. Only saw his fangs.

 "Yuu!"
Mika's voice abruptly rang in my senses, louder than I could bear. It left a ringing sound. He froze, noticing I flinched violently. "Hi, Mika." I mumbled.
"Oh thank god they didn't break you." He breathed in relief, shoulders slumping as he released pent up tension. I was still confused as hell, wondering what he meant.

"Holy hell you have some gay thoughts."  A feminine voice echoed in my mind, although I could tell it was a man speaking. Which was confusing.
"What the shit?" I said aloud, Mika looking at me in confusion. I shook my head, noticing he couldn't hear him.
"Sorry, haven't talked to someone properly in ages. My name is Asuramaru, and from today on, Yuuichiro, you are a demon. Whether you like it or not."

I much preferred to have the option to choose, but I guess my fate screwed me over this time.

"So, what happened?" I asked Mika. He furrowed his brows in thought, before shaking his head. "Copycat busied you while Marionnettiste drugged you with chloroform, is all I could tell. I think the ringleader found out you were talking to me and instead of punishing me, Copycat took the burden herself. Then it seems like Marionnettiste and Poupée dragged you here, beneath the streets of Boston, where a coup d'essai of sorts took place."
"French. Wonderful. The one language I can't understand."
Shut up, voice in my head.
"As much as I would love to, I'm going to have to decline your offer."
"Mika, speak English to me." I said, placing a hand on his shoulder. His cheeks tinted pink, before he shook his head rapidly. "Coup d'essai means experiment in French. I underwent the same as you, blood transfusion of a supernatural being. That is how I ended up the Lusus Naturae, the freak of nature in our acts. Vampire transfusion." He said, tapping one of his sharp fangs with an index finger. Then he put a hand in my hoodie pocket, pulling out a piece of folded paper. I had no idea when or how that got there, or even how Mika was able to tell it was there. He ripped it with a hand, setting me on my feet. "Follow me. I have to take you to our quarters." He said with a wave over his shoulder.

We emerged from a basement door in a warehouse filled with chemicals after walking down a long hallways with other locked doors, the sunlight painful to my eyes. The streets of Boston felt like a warm bed after being in the snow to me, although Mika seemed wary of the surroundings. I had to help him with directions a couple of times while also trying to get us away. When I blatantly brought it up he tensed with fear, angrily telling me not to carry out with that plan. I eventually gave up and followed him obediently, the voice in my head saying that I did a great job at pissing off Mika. God, I wanted him to shut up. But he didn't. Probably never will, honestly.

After thirty (painful) minutes of walking I found out there was a rather large unmarked truck parked around the corner of the performance building, which I honestly never noticed. It was more like an RV in width than a transportation truck, and had a bulge in the roof and bottom. Mika led me to it, climbed onto the steps, and pulled open the lock, allowing door to swing open.

Once again, more of an RV than truck. Inside were two bunk beds and a twin bed, a bathroom in a corner, empty wall covered by white broadcloth, and a vanity. All bolted to the floor apart from the cloth covering the wall.In one of the bunks was Poupée, a leg dangling over the ledge. Imitateur was at the vanity. "Where is he?" Mika asked impatiently, almost angered. Poupée pointed a toe in our direction lazily, both of us turning to see a man I personally should have recognized earlier as the one who took Mika from me long ago.