⚜30⚜

By now it's common knowledge that the Ringleader's really fucked up Mika's mind. And he was working past that, in all honesty. But Colette seems to be on a whole other level.

None of us except for herself knows what type of relationship she had with the Ringleader. It was strange, actually. She was the only one who was able to actually talk to the ringleader, read a letter from him to us in pure disgust (although I had learned it was her more aggressive personality later). And boy, the look of fear in her eyes every time we hear him shout at Mika and when the cane meets my skin. She would tense up, and for once, her glazed eyes widening, reflecting something that was her own. Rather, something worn across her features no matter what personality she held- yes, even the loony one. And yet, she still defended him when Ferid and Lola insulted him behind his back.

Although, despite all of this, I have never seen the Ringleader abuse Colette physically nor mentally. Which was suspicious.

Probably didn't mean anything.

Of course, It was never fated to stay like that forever.

The day started off peaceful, Lola tried braiding Mika's hair in the morning, Colette told her it wouldn't work and gestured to my bangs, saying it would be better to use me. I then locked myself in the bathroom, and only left when Lola had Ferid pick the lock.

And a few hours later, Mika dropped my phone on his face playing Candy Crush. It fell from his face against my chest next to him. His nose scrunched up, eyes pinched shut. I snorted.
"You alright?" I asked, peering down at him. He paused, opening a blue eye to stare at me.
"....Yes." He said in a very serious tone, which was pretty funny considering he just dropped a phone on his face and made a fucking adorable face in the process. I laughed, rubbing the nape of his neck gently as he re-adjusted, head moving further to the center of my chest. Actually, he was moving closer to my heart. I have no idea if that was intentional or not, but he seemed to enjoy it. Colette later came by, a grin plastered on her face. Mika wasn't even facing her, yet he spoke, never taking his eyes off of the screen.

"Don't you dare, Lettie." He mumbled. She clicked her tongue stubbornly, folding her arms and staying silent for a while. I knew he called her that, but I have never actually heard Mika call Colette by that nickname. It was always her real name.
"Cute." She said after a while with a sly smile. He shook his head against my chest, sighing deeply.
"Actually, I'm eighty-five percent sure he's listening to my heartbeat, which is more creepy than cute considering his circumstances." I pointed out.
"Correct. But you're not complaining, are you?"
"Damn right I'm not. Free cuddles despite your deception." I muttered.

"Why do you listen to his heart, anyways?" Colette inquired. He shrugged his shoulders, placing a hand on my inner thigh, although the evidence he did so was hidden by himself. Since it was only the morning, I was sporting only boxer shorts.
"I don't know- hmph-" He paused, clicking his tongue when I slapped his hand away from breaching my underwear. "I guess it's soothing?" Mika said, getting a combo in Candy Crush I didn't think possible.

"Mhm. Sure." Colette said rather curtly, although I knew she was teasing by pushing Mika's boundaries, something I never dared to do intentionally.
"I'm being serious, Lettie." He sighed, kicking at her. She jumped over his leg laughing. He rolled his eyes, although they showed he too would be smiling if he only could.

Now I was trying to get Lola off of a hanging stage light with Mika, Ferid both emotional support and the one keeping the light from falling.
"The important one has an idea." Asuramaru announced. A pulsing pain spread throughout me, but it vanished as quick as it arrived.
"Jump." He ordered. And I did. My body sailed up into the air, and Lola's curious and awestruck eyes met mine quickly. I snagged her in my arms instinctively, pushing off on the light so I didn't fall on my beloved Mika, instead aiming for Ferid's head.
I missed him, if you were wondering. But I landed on my feet, if that counts for anything.
Once I hit the floor, the first shout began, and Mika locked up. Lola was quick to leave my arms. Ferid walked away like nothing was happening. Colette never said anything in the same volume, but I knew she was responding.
"'You just wanted to help him'? What kind of bullshit excuse is that?! You know damn well I don't want you thinking for yourself!" Mika's eyes shut. I took his hand in mine, his head instinctively resting on my shoulder, free hand loosely placing itself on the lower part of my back, I rubbed the nape of his neck comfortingly beneath his soft blond hair.
"You don't have to answer, but what was she getting?" I asked, lips pressed gently to the side of his head.
"I don't know." He responded, honesty filled in his pained and muffled voice. "I don't know."  Mika repeated.

Then she hit the floor. It was a similar routine to Mika, but so different. He said she was worthless. Worthless without.. Who? I couldn't hear the rest. That she would have the process repeat if she helped 'him' again. It was Mika, I knew. The only difference between these two is something that was both minor and major. Both accepted his words as truth, but Colette tried to push it away.
"I have worth." I heard her choke out on the floor, before the Ringleader forcefully lifted her head by her hair, and I turned my head. Mika clutched the back of my coat in a balled hand. Lola was looking away. Even the few stage hands were staring at the wall or each other as if they were going to throw up.

They could turn their heads as if they didn't know what was going on. They refused to accept it. We looked away for the mere fact that seeing our friend in pain hurt. They were avoiding a massacre. And yet, none of them have ever tried to do something about it.

Cowards.

But then again, so are we.