⚜Vis-à-Vis⚜

I... Don't know where to begin.

Why my thoughts on this matter should even matter, I don't know. Ahh... That seems to be a common phrase now, doesn't it?

But it's true. I don't know many things.

Yuu keeps telling me that I have worth, and I have slowly begun to see what I thought was a lie turn into truth.

Of course, it isn't what you may think. It takes far more work than encouraging and persistent words.

He is what gives me my worth.

Yuu may speak about how wonderful I am. He claims he would sing my praises on the highest rooftop in Boston. I will admit, it was adorable, even though I was very embarrassed by it.

Gosh, I love him so much.

He's just too perfect for me.

I'm getting off topic, aren't I?

Right, right.

The experiment.

Let's get into it.

I opened my heavy eyes to the swaying lights and silhouettes. One, to be precise, but my vision perceived it to be three.

"So, are you ready to be experimented on?" He cooed. I spat on his shiny black shoe.
"Eat ass." His knuckles struck my jaw, the cheeky smile still broad on my face, although my lip did split from the impact, face thrown to the side. He lifted it back towards him by my chin, thumb tapping on my cheek.
"I think restraints are needed. Collie, be a dear and go fetch them for me, will you?" He said over his shoulder, pushing dark brown hair back, some strands falling into his face. He seemed far more lively back then. And younger. Had a lot in the looks department and not enough kindness.

Metal straps were tightly adjusted over my legs and arms, pinning them to the metal table. Rolling back in a chair, the Ringleader spun around in it, white lab coat flying around as he pulled on latex gloves, humming to himself. He pulled out a syringe, injecting it quickly into my bicep, holding up my sleeve. I violently jolted, him hitting me on the cheek for a human reaction.
"That should numb you up." He chirped, standing with two IV needles in between his fingers. His sleeves were rolled up despite the fact that it would protect him should I lash out.

"Oh! I almost forgot. You're gonna need this." He laughed, pulling a strip of leather from beneath the bottom of the table, lifting it up in a hand, the other on his hip. Then an idea sparked behind his onyx gaze. The heel of his hand harshly pushed into my lung, causing me to cry out in pain, the leather digging into my mouth to muffle it. Once I was strapped in fully, he began pressing his thumb onto different parts of my inner arm. He paused on my wrist, shrugging.
"Guess it'll work there."

Then a needle dug into my arm. And I screamed. It would have been loud enough for everyone in the neighborhood to hear. But a strip of leather greatly muffled it. Another needle was shoved into my shoulder. Then two more into my right leg. Rinse and repeat. The last one- in the back of my neck through a hole in the table. He jumped into his seat, shoes dragging across the floor. He stopped next to a panel with switches, every single needle injected in me connected to it. He went over them, clicking his tongue, before making a victorious noise, flipping a switch.

Liquid began seeping through the tubes, in a deep Crimson color. It took a while to process what it was. Once it hit me, a cold sweat formed on my tense back.

Blood.

I panicked, thrashing and screaming until my limbs were rubbed raw, throat sore. The blood breached the tubes, injected to my blood stream. It hurt. My heart strained, pulse slowed, and my head pulsed painfully. I began to weep as I screamed entirely from the pain. God... It hurt... Why wasn't anyone saving me? The Ringleader tapped my cheek with his gloved hand, tears sticking to the latex.
"Ah, yeah, it hurts like hell at first. If it remains, you might not live. Let's hope that doesn't happen!" He chirped. Then he left, ungloved hand in his coat pocket. He left me screaming and crying on the table in pure agony. My canine teeth hurt.

I didn't know what was happening to me.

  It hurt.

A lot.

It didn't help that, at that time, I realized that I hadn't contacted Yuu.

To him, I was dead.

And boy, in that moment, I sure wished it was true.

Anything but that pain.

The Ringleader returned with a smug grin across his shockingly handsome face, a girl next to him. Her blonde hair was wavy just beyond her shoulders, grey eyes confused. They widened when they met mine, still pained from tears, all of them dried on my cheek.
"What did you do,       ?" I couldn't hear her speak his name. Why couldn't I?
It may be from the horrifying migraine pulsing in my mind, distorting my vision.
"Well, since the better equipments here, I decided to pull through on him! How ya 'doin, kid?" He asked, releasing the leather strip now covered in my saliva. I narrowed my eyes at him as a response, the woman peering over at me, a gentle hand pressing to my left cheek.
"You were awake through it... I'm sorry." She genuinely seemed pained, turning around.
"         , he's a child! Why would you put him through that! If you were willing to put Lola asleep for it, why not him?!" She shouted. He grinned.
"Wanted to see what would happen if he stayed up for it." Was the simple response he gave her. She set a hand mirror on the metal table beside me, flipping off a switch. The blood stopped. Turning to me, she furrowed her brows.

"Bad timing, I know, but I needed to speak up. You were experimented on using my blood, or my essence, as a variable. I assume I've been in comatose for some time, being as he mentioned not being here in a while. Long story short, I am Krul Tepes, and you are now a vampire. Like I am. Unfortunately."
Got it, woman in my head. Tell me more when my brain doesn't make me want to kill myself. Twelve year olds don't deal well with migraines and supernatural experiments.

"Are you alright, Mikaela?" She asked, eyes shining. They were grey like stones, but once they shone, it more so resembled silver. I gave her a lopsided smile, speaking with heavy sarcasm.

"Oh, I feel absolutely lovely, thanks for asking."

Then I threw up on Colette Hyde's dainty hands, much to the Ringleader's entertainment, him bursting into laughter.

➰ ⚜➰
BET Y'ALL THOUGHT THIS WAS GONNA BE AN ACTUAL CHAPTER

                               HA

YOU WISH