⚜21⚜

Last night in New York City.
Which meant I had to tell my friends and mom. About... Everything, I guess. I had forgotten to mention so many things. Mika's problems to my mom, the Ringleader to my friends, and Asuramaru to both of them. Everyone had decided to go to the roof, and allowed me to stick behind. Mika looked like he wanted to ask why with partial disappointment in his gaze, but Colette calling his name took his attention away from me. I was alone.
For the first time in ages.
Asuramaru didn't count as company, if you were wondering.

Skype calls work, apparently. I knew my friends would be at my mom's, for they always went over there to study and work on projects. Even when I wasn't there.
Real MVPs, right?

"Hey." I waved, seeing all of them crammed into one screen.
"Okay, first, why is the background slightly different, and I don't remember you owning that sweater." My mom began almost instantly with the questions.
"Well, they're technically the same in the reasoning department. I'm on Mika's bunk and this is his." I said, lifting a hand that was holding a sleeve in place.
Shinoa giggled at that, but was punched in the shoulder quickly.
"Okay, yeah that seems reasonable." She nodded.
"Your performance went viral." Yoichi spoke up, breaking the silence.
"Which one." I sighed, regretting the words as I said them.
"The one where you looked badass." Mitsuba said.
"It was the one where you looked demonic. Well, more than usual." Kimizuki commented.
Of course it was that one.
"Let's.. Let's not talk about that." My mom said, obviously unsettled by the topic.

"So, what did you need, sweetheart?" She asked, leaning forward to the camera.
"I was calling to let you know we're going to England. Which means horrible skype calls. So I decided to do that today."
"How long are you going to be gone?"
Like hell I know.
"Only for a little bit."
I hoped.
"Okay, Gremlins file out for a minute. I have to talk to my mom." I announced, my friends sticking their tongues out at me before leaving. Yoichi just waved.

"What's wrong." She was worried.
"Calm down. It's just Mika. You may want to sit down for a little bit, though." I said with the realization I would have to delve into the territory of his... Eating habits, loosely put. I told her about his medication but not the reason, his possible insecurity of his smile, but not the reason. The ringleader was a subject I always avoided around her. She would try to kill him herself, and that was something I didn't want her to do.
Then.. I told her about how he drinks my blood.
She choked on her own saliva.
"Really?" She asked, eyes wide. I nodded, checking to see if there were any marks on my neck. They were very faint by this point, but there.
"Wow. Twilight shit." She snorted.
"Vampires existed before the novellas, Mom." I sighed.
"Yeah, yeah, you nerd."

I had her switch out with my friends.
"You sure she's out of hearing range?" I asked. They nodded.
"Alright. You guys remember the ringleader that seemed nice?" I asked.
"Yeah. What about him?" Mitsuba asked.
"He mentally abuses Mika and Co- Imitateur. Physically abused Mika a while back when he couldn't heal himself, and beats me." I muttered. Kimizuki choked on his soda, and everyone else just looked shocked.
"I can see why you wouldn't want your mom to know. What about Poupée and Marionnetiste?" Yoichi asked.
"The Ringleader's afraid of him, which gives Lo- Poupée protection, I guess. Those two are close, but not in a romantic way. I haven't asked her what he was to her yet." I shrugged.
"Don't tell her about him, I'm going to settle this by myself, alright?" I asked.

"What am I, chopped liver?"
I'm getting to that.

My mom returned soon,and the screen was once again filled.
"Okay, no Idea if I mentioned this previously, but I have a demon in my head."
"Figuratively?" My mom asked with concern.
"No, literally. His name is Asuramaru, and is the reason behind my performances being as weird as they are."
"Someone's parents were special."
"Kimizuki, he can hear you, you know." I sighed.
"Well I mean my parents were shit at naming me."

My mom agreed to not fly to England and follow me around if I took a picture of Mika, which was kind of strange.

"Oh, you actually did come up. I thought you were going to stay there for the night." Fetid commented as I pushed open the metal door.
"You thought wrong, Trash King." I muttered, Lola snorting so violently she startled herself.
"Ooh, he went there." Colette said to Mika, who shook his head with an eye roll.
"You know you want to smile." I teased, poking his cheek as I sat down.
"I do, but I won't. My will is made of titanium."
"Even towards me?"
"That's... Debatable." He responded.
I put my hands in the air. "That's a victory in my book." I announced, him sighing. "I'm gonna get you to smile, Shindo. Mark my words." I said, nudging him slightly.
"Challenge accepted, Amane." He teased, nudging me back.

"How long until they start officially dating?" Lola curiously asked, Colette shushing her. I was listening to the trio's conversation.
"Soon." Ferid predicted. I saw Mika take off his right shoe; before casually hurdling it at Ferid's face. Lola laughed the entire time. She found his pain enjoyable, for some reason.

When the truck took off the next morning, everyone fell out of bed or got injured. Lola and I fell off, and Mika and Colette hit their heads on the metal bars. It was a flurry of cursing everywhere.
I was the loudest, outranking Mika's furious French rants. Why does he curse in French when he's sleepy, anyways? Lola was cursing in Spanish and English, Colette the only one besides myself using pure English.
Then everyone fought over cereal from the large crate of food that appeared out of no where over night, and then the bathroom. Although Mika was the first in there. He actually fell from his bunk running to the bathroom.

Then we waited until Ferid would return to the truck.

Which wasn't until three hours later, and everything was still moving. Except... Except the truck.

We were on a cargo ship.

What the hell.