⚜5⚜

Night time is when the city sleeps. But for Cirque Trisstiste, it is when the pain they hold beneath facades of joy show themselves. I was asleep, but noises of life awoke me. Blinking my eyes I stared at the bottom of the bunk above me, which shook gently.
"What the hell do they want now, you just went to sleep." Asuramaru grumbled. I hushed him, tossing my legs over the side. I had my own clothes, thankfully. Ferid had returned with a suitcase of my clothing, throwing it at me with force. I caught it of course, and flew into the wall of the truck. There's a small dent where I landed now.
My eyes quickly adjusted, allowing me to see around the room. Ferid was the only one peacefully asleep, it seemed. I saw Lola fully awake, rubbing her joints in circular motions, wincing in pain. Colette handed her two pills before returning to the wall covered by fabric. Neither noticed me, for I was focused on the boy twisting and turning above me. I pulled my top side to peer at him, feet on my bunk. Mika's brows were knitted in pain, mumbling incoherently. He bit into his pillow, fangs piercing the fabric.

"I think he's having a nightmare."
"No shit." I whispered, gently wiping hair that stuck to his forehead. I heard Lola squeak in pain, glancing down to see her clutching an elbow. She put a toothpick into the joint, pulling out string that shone faintly. "Hold on for a minute, Mika." I said quietly, hopping from the bunk. Beneath my bed was my backpack, which I zipped open. Turning it on, I set it in front of Lola. Her hazel eyes stared at me, face illuminated by the light. She had freckles against her brown skin, I noticed. "You can use it to distract yourself, if you want." I said, gesturing to it as I plugged in earbuds.
"Thank you, Yuu." She said with a small smile. "Mika's in pain," she explained, gesturing to his figure that poked slightly over the bars of the bunk. "At least, I think so. Most of the time he talked about you in his sleep, but now something else is troubling him." Information I had never known about Mika spewed from her lips, possibly from her lack of sleep. "I believe it's a combination of your experiment that he wasn't able to prevent, and his own, which has recently tolled on his health."

I thanked her, and returned to Mika's side, making a decision in my mind. I would help him with whatever it was that pained him. Placing a hand on his shoulder, I lightly shook him, Crimson eyes shooting open as he instinctively knocked me to the floor, although grabbing my hands before I completely fell, leaving me suspended. My feet kicked until they reached the cold metal rim of the bottom, Mika apologizing profusely to me. "It's fine." I said for the fifth time. "Why did you wake me up?" He asked, releasing his rather tight grasp on my wrists. 
"You weren't sleeping right." I mumbled, tapping on the bars.
"Thank you for your concern," He said, although quickly turned serious. "This is something that cannot be prevented. Not something even you can stop."

"Let's test that, shall we?" Asuramaru asked. I never agreed with him more than that moment.
"I understand."
"You're on board with my plan. Good. I need that lust you have to do so."
Pervert.
"It's not like that, Yuichiro. My god. You have a thirst to help Mika, a desire to protect him. Although I can't see why, he's obviously not the friend you knew. Oh, spoiler alert- I can see that memory. You weren't able to notice Ferid at first either, so I guess your stubbornness is to be expected."
End my life, please. Anything except talking to him.

I had eventually gone to sleep once Colette told me 'we're all fucked up. Mika's just harder to find the source. Be patient and maybe he'll tell you one day. Or not. Depends on what mood he's in. Probably the latter.' Apparently she has an asshole personality, but still cared for Mika. I was curious about something, though.
How old were they? Mika would be twenty around now, Ferid seemed a couple years older than him, Colette younger than me, and Lola seemed far too young to be able to do the things she does. I decided to ask tomorrow.

Which arrived faster than I thought it would.

I found Ferid was gone upon awakening, Colette sitting at the vanity mirror with Lola doing her makeup vigilantly, both chatting excitedly. Mika wasn't awake. So, I stood on my bunk to see him curled up with his blanket a hood over his face, back facing me. "Miiikaa," I cooed, poking his cheek blindly. "No." He grumbled, burrowing down further within the depths of his covers. "Please?"
He rolled over, sleepy red eyes staring at me. Then he sighed.
"Fine."

"You got him out faster than we usually can." Colette giggled as eyeliner was applied by the only other girl of the circus crew. Mika mumbled a profanity to her, along with flipping her off, his blond hair sticking up more than usual, back slightly hunched as he slugged along.

"How old are you guys?" I asked, getting straight to the point.
"Colette is eighteen turning nineteen in June, and I'm fifteen going on sixteen next week. Ferid is.. Twenty six? I'm not entirely sure." Lola explained.
"A teenager is more talented than you. That's sad." Asuramaru said.
My retort was cut short by plastic hitting the floor from the bathroom with a loud and a "Fils de pute!" Shouted from Mika. No idea what it meant but it sounded hilarious and the two girls' horrified expressions sealed the deal.

It was only seven A.M and I already learned something.
Mika is not a morning person.