⚜7⚜

After the show, I learned that Mika has been deliberately putting off his act, which I don't know the true form as of that moment.

The loud slap sounded through the room, Mika looking the ringleader in the eye, a red hand mark where the bastard struck. Lola placed a delicate hand on my shoulder as reassurance. "Why didn't you perform as you should." He barked. Mika looked him in the eyes with a cold hard gaze, red eyes shining as he glanced quickly to me. A cane struck Mika, blood sprouting from a slash across his face. But he did not stumble nor fall. He stood tall, unblinking. "Fine. Don't answer. But you will do what I tell you to." He snapped, sauntering off. His cane had blood upon the end, and Mika's knees gave out.
"Shit." He spat out blood, clenching his fists. "Mika, please stop hiding your act. Nothing will change." Colette pleaded. The look he gave her silenced any adds that would follow. Mika placed a hand to his bleeding cheek, gazing down at the blood with a shocked expression. I didn't know why until Asuramaru spoke more to himself than me.
"Vampires heal themselves... He isn't... Why?"
Something was happening with Mika's body involving the experiment. It pained me to know that he was suffering, but said nothing. Didn't reach out to anyone. I yearned for him to gain help, instead of stubbornly going through things on his own. Before I could reach out to him, my phone blew up with texts from my friends. They were freaking out, as to be suspected. As they screamed at me via text, it was revealed that I was gone for three days. I was missing a day from my memory.
"The experiment kept you unconscious for a really long time." Asuramaru explained to me. I watched Mika glare out a window in the backstage area, although fear lingered behind it. I approached him carefully, as if moving too suddenly would scare him.
"Mika, what's wrong?" I asked, standing next to him. My head was crammed to look at his rather defined profile. This man could run me into the ground in the beauty department. He opened his mouth as if to give a response. Then he clamped his jaw tightly. As if he was keeping whatever worried him hidden.
"That's more plausible than your mind is forcing you to believe, Yuichiro."
I was sad to say he was right.
"It's nothing." Mika muttered, stalking away from the window. I glanced out to see people gathered with raised cameras. I shut the curtains quickly, following him.

"Do you have any ideas on what you want to do?" Lola asked, on my computer once more. She wore sweatpants and a large hoodie to hide her joints. "Something with Mika, I know that for certain." I sighed. "Try figuring out what they used in your experiment and the powers it came with." She said, clicking on something. She gasped. I tilted my head slightly in questioning. "The boy from Colette's performance that you partook in went missing, along with his best friend." She said. "What? His mom's in the hospital. There's no way he ran away." Colette mumbled. We weren't able to do much investigation into the matters. I took to laying on the floor and talking to Asuramaru about the "powers" Lola talked about.
"It's not in every one here who has powers, or abilities I should say. Lola was an experiment to see if a 'human doll' could truly exist, if I'm thinking correctly. Colette... I'm not sure on her. But copycat stays true to her being, she has a constantly changing personality from those she's imitated. Ferid was put together with a puppeteer, able to control all with a string. He has an ability. So does Mika. I have my suspicions on what your boyfriend's power is- and don't you dare try and tell me he isn't your boyfriend. You fuckers are practically married."
I shut my mouth, instead asking a question. "How do I use my abilities, and what are they?"

Apparently, a majority of them are only able to come out with Asuramaru's permission. Lovely.

I found Mika in the bathroom later that night, shutting the medicine cabinet. He locked gazed with me in the mirror, cheeks slightly pink as he shook his head, returning his gaze to the bowl of the sink. His gash had a hello kitty band aid on it, courtesy of Ferid. Asuramaru told me he probably chose them on purpose. "What is it?" He asked, shoulder blades sticking out due to his position.
"Ah, nothing. I wanted to make sure you were alright and stuff." He snorted at my response.
"'And stuff' is wonderful phrasing. But yes, I'm fine. Not something new." He dismissed it quickly. I glanced to the shower, which had color coded shampoo and conditioner. Mika explained that they all had different hair needs. Told me it was ridiculous but 'no one wanted to smell like Ocean Breeze, so my bottles last the longest.' My bottles were recently added, green colored. Apparently, Mika likes to steal hair supplies, and has adopted taking my almond scented conditioner to the mix. As I stared blankly at the clouded sliding doors thinking about how he should use his own conditioner, a question arose.
"How's your mom, Yuu?"

Mika knew just as well that I did that my mom was very independent and an expert at handling two children who somehow end up in cupboards after an hour of playing. My father left her when I was five months old, so I had never gotten to know him. From my mom's descriptions, I didn't want to. He sounded like a piece of shit.

"She's doing fine. Finally got her masters in business." Mika had a spark of happiness in his eyes upon my words. "That's great. Out of curiosity... Have you seen my mother lately?" He asked. Not only had he lost contact with me, but his mom, too? What the hell?
"No.. She lost contact with us after you were gone." I said carefully.
I saw his face fall quickly to sorrow, something I didn't want to see from him.
"But I'm sure she's fine."
"Maybe, Yuu. Maybe."

"Okay, get out. I need to shower." He shoved me out, closing the door once I was out.
"I call going second!"
Colette proceeded to dramatically sob behind me about how the two of us waste the hot water.
"Leave no survivors. They're going to take cold showers and like it." Asuramaru declared.

That night, he decided to share something with me as I struggled to fall asleep, staring at the bottom of Mika's bunk. And it was actually helpful instead of a way to kill the Ringleader, which I still kept tabbed in my mind.

"Mika has a problem with his vampiric abilities.

He doesn't seem to be drinking blood as he should be."