⚜¿Entiende?⚜

Hm.... So, how I ended up in the circus?

Wow, I'm gonna have to dig way back to answer that. It was when I was six, I know that for certain.

What was I doing in France? I live in America...

Oh, right!

I was traveling with my family from California to Paris. We were on vacation, wanted to know what France's Disney land looked like. Saw there was a circus act in town, a marionette, so to speak. I begged my mamá and papá to take me to see it. My  older siblings willingly agreed to go.
Since no one could disobey my adorable face, they paid the twenty-five dollars to attend. I recall it being relatively small yet very entertaining. Ferid was the only act, and the Ringleader was nice. Unlike now. He's an asshole. But hey, we worked on that. I was greatly immersed with the performance, entranced by what I saw.

Although I never got confirmation from Ferid himself, I am almost certain my interest in both him and his abilities were what gave the Ringleader the idea to choose me for the next experiment.

The experiment... Was different from the others, so to speak. I was unconscious for it. I remembered waking up on a surgical table with bandages covering all of my joints, an unbearable pain surging through me. The Ringleader and Ferid arguing was what woke me. He was saying that experimenting on children was wrong and horrible. The Ringleader said it was the good of the circus. There was a loud bang, and they stopped talking.

That's it. No Colette, since her experiment wasn't gone through with at the time. Nothing interesting. Just pain. I wasn't able to walk short distances for about two months, and spent them crying for my family.

I know, I know. I was supposed to be an interesting story. Living doll and all of that. But the reality is, we're not that interesting.

We're not Mika, Yuu, or Colette.

I'm just Lola.

I guess I should mention that I wasn't born a ballet prodigy. It's from years of training and boredom. My musical talent was mainly from a night I got bored and my computer was conveniently near. Of course that computer had long since died.

What else is there to say?

I guess there's nothing.

Yeah. I've got nothing.

I guess we're always gonna be the same as before.

Sorry.

I'm not some gold star heroin, as much as I hope to be one. Gosh, no more Mika level depressing thoughts.

I have to go study in a bit, anyways. Students never rest.

Even if you were stuck in a circus and put through painful surgery.

Which I find hilarious, by the way.

American education system, everybody.

I wonder what Mika and Yuu are up to. They're really close. I'm kinda jealous. I've always wanted a relationship but I don't have anybody. Ferid never was nor is an option, he's basically like a brother who doesn't really care if other people die. Those two are adorable together, though. Even though I know Mika hasn't fully changed, Yuu's done a number on him.

I'm grateful for that.

After all these years in the circus, my intentions have always been the same.

I just want everyone to be happy.

➰⚜➰
Sorry for the short chapter! The ones without chapter numbers are fillers (ish- they were planned to be like this)