⚜8⚜

We were allowed to roam the performance center for the day, stage hands keeping an eye on us, apparently. I found Colette dangling by her feet on the tightrope, Lola handing food to her as she stood on a chair.  Mika was seemingly avoiding me the entire day. Ran into Ferid a couple times. Literally.

"Focus. Draw your energy into it. Do you want to help Mika or not?" Asuramaru snapped. He was using what was called my 'lust' to help and protect my friend.

"I'm working, I'm working." I mumbled. I had taken a seat where the audience typically was, attempting to unleash a power of mine even I have yet to know. Once again I closed my eyes, focusing. I could have sworn I saw the outline of someone sitting down, long hair moving gently. The ever so faint figure flickered away quickly, darkness enveloping me.

"Yes.. You're doing it!" He said, laughing rather maniacally.

"What are you doing? You look ridiculous." Mika commented, whispering in my ear, which in turn sent shivers down my spine. There was something about his deep voice in a hushed tone that chilled me to the bone. Even if he was teasing me. He pressed his lips and nose to my shoulder, inhaling deeply. I then remembered that I was the only person who knew what was combined with myself in the experiment.

  "Nothing, really. But I have a demon in me, if that answers your question."

He then choked on his own saliva for a bit. "A demon?! The he-" I placed a hand over his mouth, shushing him. "Sorry." He whispered. "But demons are worse than vampires. What do you think he's planning?" He asked.

"No idea. Seems to be just a test if I would live through it." I shrugged, accidentally meeting his serious gaze, before I looked away quickly. He nodded, pushing away. I saw him bite his lip, shaking his head.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's nothing." A phrase all too common with him now. Despite only being reunited for five days. He left far too quickly for my liking. I wanted the distance between us to close.

Asuramaru gave me advice on that.

"Then get him to tell you the truth instead of excuses. You have the desire to do so, after all."

I followed quickly after Mika with a new determination, thanks to Asuramaru.

That is how I ended up staring at Mika, who was somehow on the ceiling.

"How the fu-" he shushed me. Colette looked up next to me, face blank. "Huh. Spider-Mika." She said to herself, before continuing her trek across the stage. I laughed so hard my ceiling friend looked concerned for my mental health.

"Why are you up there?" I asked.

"Ferid can't reach up here. You're free to join me if you find a way." He shrugged, arms above his head.

"Well, you got up to the tightrope. That's an improvement." "Shut up." I grunted, trying to find a manual way up to Mika, who seemed greatly amused by my struggles. "I give up." I sighed, plopping down onto the rope itself. "That's a hazard." He pointed out. "Everything in this rooms a hazard except for you." I joked, kicking my legs.

"I don't know about that." He sighed.

I ended up not asking Mika what was wrong, instead beginning to tell him about my friends. His eyes turned curious as I spoke, intrigued with my life story, asking random questions that wouldn't matter. That ended with me convincing him to return to ground level.

Although, this rather childish side to him vanished after the night's show, where I learned Mika sacrificing himself for me was not a one time thing.