(Romano x Neko!Reader)

For: @Italy-chanWriter

"Face it," They spat at you, "He's only with you because of your cat like features. One of those perverts who likes those cartoon cat girls and now he's found one of his own. Doesn't help that you're such a pushover either, he can probably convince you to do anything and you'd do it just because he acts like he loves you. Get a grip. He doesn't love you, he's using you, why would he ever love whatever the hell you are?"

You stood there. People just couldn't accept you as a person. Well. You weren't in some cases. Unless it was normal to have cat ears and a tail at least. Your eyes started to fill with tears. This was the third incident of being yelled at in the street today. It hurt. Regular harassment all because the government thought that it would be okay to let your people out into the world. You were no different. Just cat features. Lovino acted like the only one that cared. Acted. What if they were right? That he was just after some real life neko action? Or did he really care?

"Ever thought of hacking off your tail, cat girl? I'll do it, for free, hey come here you piece of sh-"
"Don't you dare touch her. She is beautiful as she is. Don't you dare try cut off her tail."
"Oh look, Lovino the kitty fiddler, racing to her rescue. Why don't you just accept that it's wrong and twisted to be with a cat girl? She's a freak of nature."

Lovino grabbed your hand and walked off. You looked up at him and began to cry again.

"How often does this happen (Y/N)?"
"Too much."
"How much does it happen though? How many times a week?"
"At least three a day, Lovi it's fine, just leave it."
"It's not."

He'd forced you to stay the night. So you were "safe".

"They said you were only with me because I'm part cat."
"I'm with you because I love you."
"They said you pretend to love me."
"I love you because there's no other person I'd rather be with."
"I love you too"