17 - Nightmares and Notes

~† Austin's POV †~

I got home that night pretty pleased. Me and Ally had the Cassidy situation put to rest.

Ever since the crash, my parents had been so much nicer to me. They didn't try to pick a fight all the time, and we went to my brother's favourite park recently, to remember him. I sometimes still think about him, but I never really get upset because I know he's happy.

I fell asleep thinking about my family and my brother.

→★←

"You two, dinner's ready," My mom shouted from downstairs. My dad still wasn't home from work. Cody and I were in his room playing video games, but we quickly turned it off and ran downstairs.

"Coming mom!" I shouted from the top of the stairs. We both ran to the bottom of the stairs and made our way to the dining room.

"Thanks mom, this looks great," Cody said as he sat down.

"Yeah, proper five star chef over here ," I added.

"You're welcome boys," My mom replied.

When we had finished our meal, we both decided to go to the park across the street and play some 'Beat The Goalie'. Cody ran across the road, but when he got to the other pavement, he tripped on the kerb and fell. He just lay there. I thought he was joking around. "Cody, get up and stop being lazy," I shouted, but there was no response. "Cody, you're scaring me now," I said as I crossed the road. I approached my older brother. But what I saw, was going to haunt me for the rest of my life. "C-Cody?" I stuttered. His body just lay there, lifeless. His head was covered in blood. I ran back to the house which was only about 5 seconds away.