Chapter 1 - Audition

Help me out by voting ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

As I walked out of the classroom, I smiled at him. I said bye to my friends and ran up to him, giving him a huge hug. This amazingly gorgeous guy with raven black hair and sky blue eyes is all mine, and as I thought this sentence through in my mind, I couldn’t help but smile. It’s been 3 months since Nathan Foster first asked me out in the corner of the school cafeteria, and I can still remember that day down to the last detail. It was such a surprise, but I’m glad he asked me.

"Hey...that's a nice hello," Nathan said, hugging me back.

"Urghhh I missed you, why aren't you taking Geography this year?" I asked, punching him lightly on his arm.

"You know I failed last year, if I carried on, I would have dropped out ASAP anyway," he replied, grinning cheekily.

"I guess so..." I said, pretending to look annoyed. It would've worked as well, if my tummy didn't give an enormous growl. I blushed and looked down, cheeks hot as fire. Glancing up without moving my head, I saw Nathan trying not to laugh...major fail...next thing I knew he was on the floor, dying from laughter. He looked up apologetically, clutching his stomach and wiping his tears away. I glared at him for a while, then stuck out my tongue and made my way to the canteen, ignoring his frantic apologies behind me.

After I got my lunch, I looked around for my usual table. A familiar wave from my friend Isabel beckoned me to a middle sized table by the window. Next to her were Nikki and her boyfriend Camden. I made my way towards them and sat down with Nathan following behind me.

"I'm sorry...please forgive me? You looked so cute, I really couldn't help laughing," Nathan said, making a puppy face, knowing that I couldn't resist it. After a few seconds, it worked its magic and I nodded in reply, rolling my eyes.

"Hey! Did you hear about the auditions that are happening this afternoon in the Great Hall?" Isabel asked.

"Auditions? For what?" I asked, my attention drawn away from my beef burger.

"Well, this record label company, CBE short for Carson Brown Entertainment, are holding auditions for a new boy group throughout high schools in the country!! Since our music department is pretty good, they’ve decided to hold auditions here too," Isabel exclaimed, clapping her hands excitedly.

"Oh wow! Didn't they form groups like Tsunami and Fantasy? They're like the biggest groups this year, everybody's buying their albums!" Nikki said, shocked.

"Yeahh! I know...right?!" Isabel said, still bobbing around with excitement. It took me a minute to take this in and I looked straight at Nathan.

"Nathan! You should audition!" I exclaimed.

"Errr...how about no? Think about it, if I pass the auditions, I'd have to spend time away from you. Can you really cope with that? Plus I’ll miss you too much," he replied. My heart beat faster...sometimes he's the sweetest guy in the world. I quickly kissed him on the mouth and gave him a big grin.

"Ew guys...get a room," Camden said, his face disgusted.

"Dude, you can't talk!" Nathan exclaimed, laughing at him. Camden and Nikki are always at it when they get a chance to. They’re so in love.

"Anyways, I still think you should try. I mean, you're good at singing, like really good!" I said. It's true, I've heard him sing. His voice is never out of tune and it is just beautiful.

"Urm...yeah let's not talk about that...yeah?" Nathan hissed, shying away from the questionable stares opposite us.

"Although we have been only dating for 3 months, I do have some serious secrets I could reveal if you don’t go to that audition!" I threatened. It’s about time Nathan did something with his passion. He always encourages me to chase after my dreams, I should do the same for him.