Chapter 8 - Dad

Toni's POV

I woke up to my ipod speakers playing 'Love Me' by Justin Bieber. Yawning, I stretched in bed and sighed happily. Jumping out of bed I started singing along. Yeah, I admit it, I love Justin Bieber...but can you blame me? He's just so cute, not hot-cute but cute-cute.

'Love me love me, say that you love me! Fool me fool me, oh how you do me," I sang loudly, dancing manically with my hairbrush in one hand.

I suddenly froze when I heard an explosion of laughter behind me. Uh oh...oh god...! Turning around slowly, I locked eyes with Nathan and suddenly felt my face heating up. He was clutching his stomach with one hand and wiping his tears away with the other.

"Nathan! It's called knocking!" I yelled, slamming my hairbrush down on my bedside table.

"Sorry...I did knock...but you were too busy dancing...if you call that dancing," Nathan said between fits of laughter. I just glared angrily at him.

"You are so annoying, you know that?" I said, arching an eyebrow and pursing my lips. Nathan just stared at me up and down, his eyes widening a bit...like he just noticed something.

"And you should put some clothes on," Nathan said, reaching for my blanket and offering it to me with an evil smile on his face. SHIT! I totally forgot that the only thing I'm wearing is my white top which was revealing a lot and my matching set of blue underwear which was revealing even more. I snatched the blanket from Nathan and wrapped it around myself.

"I'm...going to go have a shower..." I stuttered, pushing past him out of my room and into the bathroom. As soon as I locked the door, I let out a huge sigh of relief and splashed some cold water on my face to cool me down. Oh...my...god...how could I forget that I had like literally no clothes on?! Turning on the shower, I let the warm water run down me, playing what just happened in my head over and over again. I ran my hands through my hair angrily and grimaced to myself. A sudden thought ran through my mind...could this day get ANY worse?! In my hurry to escape from that awkward situation, I totally forgot my change of clothes! What to do now?!

"Nathan? Are you there?" I yelled. I heard the floorboards creak and the sound of footsteps which stopped just outside the door.

"Yup, you okay Toni? Something wrong?" Nathan asked worriedly. I cringed...not quite sure how to ask the question. "Did something happen?! Are you hurt?!"

"No...no, I'm fine Nathan," I replied.

"Then...what's wrong," Nathan asked, confused.

"It's just that...I kinda forgot my clothes when I rushed into the bathroom...so...urm...can you bring me some clothes...?" I asked in a quiet voice, cringing at what I just said. Nathan didn't respond. "Nathan? You still there?"

Then there was another explosion of laughter. It carried on for like ten minutes and finally stopped with Nathan gasping for air.

"How can you...? That is so funny! Haha...trust you Toni!" Nathan said, between gasps. After a few secs, he knocked on the door.

I opened the door slightly to see him standing there with a bundle of clothes, still laughing to himself.

"Don't look!" I shouted. I felt so...naked...in only my towel.

"I've already seen it anyways," Nathan said, winking and sticking out his tongue. I grabbed the clothes and made a face at him.

"You are so dead!" I said, before slamming the door in his face. Despite the jerk he is, his choices weren't half bad. I pulled on the white 'Rock Kills Kid' T-shirt on and snuggled into my blue jeans. Then I headed back to my room with my towel draped over my shoulder to stop my wet hair soaking my T-shirt.