Chapter 5 - Teddy

Toni's POV

 It's been three days since Nathan dropped me off...three days without seeing him in or out of school. Recently, they've been so busy preparing for their debut album, he doesn't even have time to sleep. I opened my laptop to the official '#Az'uR' website and clicked on the 'Members' logo. Their pictures were each shaded with a different colour that represented their personality. Brandon was forest green because he was quiet and calm, Hayden was red because he was attention seeking, they chose grey for Wyatt cuz he was stylish, Kyle was black because he was 'mysterious' (I can see where they're coming from...) and last but not least, azure for the Nathan because he's honest and cool. Underneath each picture was also a little fact file on them which included basics like height, weight, age and all that stuff.

My mobile vibrated on the table next to my laptop. It was a text from Nathan...

'Hey Toni, sry but I don't think I can make it 2nite...they've sprung a surprise press conference on us n we need 2 prepare.  I'll make it up 2 u soon n luv u tonnes xxx"

I locked my phone and sighed at the screen. My head suddenly felt heavy and all the built up excitement evaporated. Pushing my chair back, I walked towards the mirror next to my wardrobe. Staring back at me was a girl wearing a blue polka dot dress which she had just bought from the mall. Today we were supposed to go out to dinner together in my favourite restaurant...but I guess that's not happening anymore. I slipped out of my dress and snuggled into some joggies and an oversized T-shirt.

Sitting back down again, I looked at the picture of Nathan. We've been stuck at the hips since we started going out...not seeing him is seriously weird. I guess I'll just have to get used to it...this is probably gonna happen more and more often. Placing my head on the table, I sighed. My eyes felt heavy, so I closed them.

I don't even remember when I fell asleep, I just woke up with my head on the table with a sleeping laptop next to me and feeling like death. Standing up, I stretched which really wasn't a good idea because I swear my back cracked. Grabbing some clothes from my wardrobe, I took a quick shower and headed downstairs for breakfast. Before I reached the last step, a familiar car beep from outside caught my attention.

Unlocking the door, I peered outside knowing what will be waiting for me. It was Nathan! Not even bothering with my shoes, I ran out barefoot and jumped on him.

"I've missed you so much!" I shouted, hugging him tightly and breathing in his scent.

"I've missed you too," Nathan said. God have I missed his voice. He put me down and gave me a quick peck on my forehead. I smiled happily at him. Someone coughed behind him. My face suddenly flushed...it was Kyle.

"How come Kyle's with you?" I asked.

"He's transferring to our school, so I thought he might as well come with us," Nathan replied. I smiled up at him and nodded.

"Sorry, I hope you don't mind too much," Kyle said, looking apologetic.

"Nahh it's fine!" I replied. "You're more than welcome!"

"Darling, put on some shoes! And here's your bag and coat," Mum said, handing me my stuff. She said hello to Nathan but froze when she saw Kyle.

"Nice to see you, Mrs Smith," Kyle said, extending a hand. Mum didn't say anything and just gawped at him.

"No way! Teddy?! What are you doing here? I haven't seen you in ages!" Mum exclaimed, gently slapping Kyle's extended hand away and giving him a hug. "My, my, how you've grown!"

"Haha...thanks Mrs S," Kyle said, looking embarrassed. I stared at him...no...way...

"Toni, you remember Teddy right? You were best friends!" she said, looking expectantly at me. I was still gawping at him. Kyle...is my Teddy? My best friend...my old neighbour...and...my first love?