Chapter 18 - 'Ohmigod! You're GAY!'

Nathan's POV

"Errr...what?! This wasn't in the brief," I said. Crystal, who was sitting on the sand, suddenly gave me a glare from the side. What's her problem?

"Well, Nathan, it was quite obvious...I mean you're at a beach and on your second date!" Mark replied.

"But you could've told me beforehand!" I said, irritated. We finished all the other scenes, but right after the last one Mark decided he wanted an intimate scene. He wanted me to pretend that she was my girlfriend and even go as far as kissing her. I mean, I know I'm not supposed to have a girlfriend right now, but I do actually have one and this is so unfair to Toni!

"Look, we can either do the scene and get it over and done with OR you can walk out and jeopardize the future of the whole band, your choice. I'll give you five to think about it," he said, walking away. I stared at the ground, deep in thought. There was no other choice...I have to accept...I can't let the others down...but Toni...

"You okay with this?" I asked Crystal.

"It's just acting at the end of the day, isn't it? It's not that big a deal unless you think I'm that ugly," Crystal said, looking away from me.

"What?! No! Of course not! I'm just not comfortable with this whole thing...it's got nothing to do with you!" I quickly replied.

"Really?" Crystal asked, looking at me.

"Yeah, you're really pretty! Any guy in my school would kill to be here with you right now," I said. She sorta smiled at herself.

"So what's your decision?" Mark asked, returning with a dangerous aura around him.

"We can't even fake it?" I asked. Mark shot me a glare. "Alright...I'll do it, but only this time, the next date, don't even think about it."

"Sure sure, we've got exactly half an hour to shoot this, come on!!" Mark said.

Crystal and I made our way to the towel on the sand. I layed down, leaning on my elbow and Crystal did the same.

"3...2...1...action!" someone shouted. Okay Nathan, just pretend she's Toni. I stroked her face with my thumb, closed my eyes and went in for the kill...kissing the corner of her mouth. Yeah, I know what Mark implied, but it just don't feel right. Man I wish her phone would start going off soon, her perfume is killing me! Finally she pulled away, looking down at the phone vibrating.

"You cheated!" she hissed at me when the camera moved from the head shot to long shot.

"Sorry, I couldn't do it," I whispered back. She dialled a number and called.

"Cut!" Mark shouted as she started to walk away from me. "And that's a wrap!"

The production team cheered behind him and we made our way to the van which would take us back to CBE.

"Did I do something to you in the past? Is kissing me that disgusting to you?" Crystal asked as the door closed. Seriously, this girl has some serious self esteem issues!

"No...seriously, it just didn't feel like a respectable thing to do," I replied. Crystal was quiet for a second, then suddenly gasped.

"Ohmigod!" she said, looking at me wide eyed.

"Urm...what?" I asked, looking around for anything weird that would make her say that. Nope...nothing...

"You're GAY!" she said. I just stared at her...what is wrong with everyone today? "I mean, I should have known! With a body like that...and a face like yours! You had skinny jeans on as well!"