Chapter 3 - #AZ'uR

Support #AZ'uR and vote ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Toni's POV

 I looked at the pile of clothes which I had spent hours trying on yesterday. On the chair were three items of clothing which I had finally decided on. I pulled the black top that had two bows on over my head and pulled up the knee length denims. Looking into the mirror, I applied some eye shadow and eye liner, and then decided to tie my hair up in a half messy bun. This should be formal enough...right?

Nathan's car beeped twice from outside. I quickly threw my phone and iPod into a black handbag and rushed down the stairs. I put on a pair of black heels and ran out. Nathan was leaning on the car, smiling as I walked towards him.

"You look lovely," he said, walking up to me and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks, you don't look too bad either," I said, glancing at how his black T-shirt hugged his chest and abs perfectly.

"You nervous?" he asked. I nodded. He then looked anxiously at me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, touching his upper arm worriedly.

“Are you sure about this?” he asked.

“If I wasn’t sure about this, I would have ran off already,” I joked, getting in the car. We then made our way to CBE headquarters.

It wasn't a very long car journey. The huge glass building with a huge CBE sign loomed up in front of us as we turned into the parking space in front of it. After he parked the car and helped me out, he grabbed my hand and led me into the huge building.

“Hello, we have an appointment at 11am with Mr. Carson Brown? It’s Nathan Forbes and Toni Smith,” Nathan asked the receptionist.

“Of course, I’ll give him a ring now. Please have a seat over there,” the receptionist replied, pointing to a row of chairs next to a glass staircase towards the upper floor.

After about 10 minutes, a woman in a very formal business suit walked down the stairs.

“Nathan and Toni?” she asked. We nodded. She beckoned us to follow her. After two flights of stairs, we were stood outside Carson Brown’s office.

“He will see you now,” another receptionist outside his office said. We both took a deep breath and walked in.

“Nathan! It’s good to see you again!” the multi-millionaire, Carson Brown, said. He gave Nathan a man hug and signalled for us to sit down on the chairs, looking at me with a warm smile. “You must be Miss Smith.”

“Nice to meet you,” I said, my voice trembling a bit.

“Don’t worry, I don’t bite,” Carson laughed, his laugh just as warm as his smile. I suddenly felt completely at ease. He walked over to a big cabinet and pulled out a folder. Inside were two copies of the same contract: the secret relationship contract.

“No one apart from family members can know...must let CBE know beforehand if partner is coming to promotions...no big trips together to other states or countries...no public affection...isn’t this a bit too much?” Nathan asked, skim reading the contract.

“I’m sorry but all our members must abide to these rules. It’s strict policy,” Carson said with a remorseful tone. “We had members who disclosed their relationships to the public before and it never helped with sales at all, unfortunately. On top of this, there have been many incidents of death threats to the partner, especially towards girls.”

Nathan looked at me worriedly.

“Mm I know, I heard...ok...only one year right? No hidden rules? And Toni will be safe too?” Nathan asked.

“Everything is on the contract, we won’t ask any more from you, and in regards to Miss Smith, I will try my very best to keep her safe from the crazier fans,” Carson replied.

I grabbed my pen and signed my name, looking Nathan straight in the eye.

“I’m fine with it, as long as you promise to make him recognised for his talent,” I said. “Come on Nathan, let’s just sign it and then you can get on with your career!”

“...yes Toni,” he said, signing his name too.

“Thank you! You can believe me when I say I know what you’re going through. I had to sign the same contract when I was your age,” Carson said, taking the contracts and stuffing them into a folder.

“What happens if we violate the contract or disclose our relationship,” Nathan asked.

“Then, I’m afraid, you’ll have to be kicked out,” Carson said. “A contract is a contract.”

“Oh right, ok...well we should probably get a move on then,” Nathan said, sticking a hand out. Carson shook his hand and then shook mine.

“I’ll see you tomorrow to go over the details with you and also you can meet the other band members then,” Carson said Nathan. “By the way, our first band rehearsal is on Monday Miss Smith, if you want to come.”

“Of course! I’d love to!” I exclaimed. We thanked Carson and made our way home.

*

"Nathan...stick to the contract please," Carson said as we finished climbing the first flight of stairs. I quickly pulled my hand out of his grasp. Rule number 5: No public affection.

"Awww, come on, we're just holding hands! And there are no media people around!" Nathan complained, jokingly, a lot more at ease with Carson than 2 days ago. They must have had a good bonding session yesterday.

"Ahh, Miss Smith! It’s lovely to see you again," Caron said. I smiled in reply. "Come on then, the other members are waiting, their instruments are all unpacked!"

We followed him up another flight of stairs, passing ridiculous amounts of famous people on the way. Thank god Isabel wasn't here...or else she'd be asking autographs from all of them. It would take at least a week for us to manage one step!

Finally, after walking past several training rooms and a recording room, we came to a stop in front of a door with an '#AZ'uR" sign on it. I stared at it for a while...not quite sure what to make of it. Nathan seemed to notice me staring at the sign for a long time.

"We're basically called Azure...or As You Are, the number sign at the front comes from the number sign you find in front of all colours," he explained. "This is the stylised version, normally we'd just be referred to as Azure."

I nodded, unable to say anything. That was quite clever, they've managed to use a common name and change it so no copyright charges will be made...and it looks quite cool as well.

"Well...no point in standing outside, let's go meet the band members!" Carson said, pushing the door open. Inside were four boys...four very good looking ones. Carson introduced them to us one by one: Wyatt as drummer, Brandon as bassist, Hayden on guitar and backing vocals, and finally Kyle as lead guitarist. They gave very warm hellos to Nathan and more polite ones to me.

"This is Nathan’s girlfriend, Toni," Carson finished. I looked at them again...wow...are these people real? I admit Nathan is hotter than all of them...but they are just...wow! Carson carried on, "Anyways, I've got an hour long meeting coming up, so I'll leave you guys to your practicing. Work hard!"

“Score, Nathan, nice girlfriend you got there,” the one on guitar winked. Nathan walked over and punched him gently on the arm.

“Eyes off man, she’s mine,” Nathan winked back; giving me that gorgeous smile of his.

“Alright love birds, most people here don’t actually need to sign a ‘secret relationship’ contract,” Wyatt laughed. “Anyways, you practice the song we’re supposed to cover today?”

Wyatt, Hayden and Nathan went on about the song cover, using terms that I would never dream of understanding.

"Hi Toni," a voice said, interrupting my thoughts. I looked up to meet a pair of gorgeous emerald eyes. It was Kyle. He ruffled his brown hair with purple streaks and smiled at me.

"Urm...hey...?" I replied, a bit confused at why he was speaking to me.

"You don't remember me, do you?" he asked. I stared back at him, confused. What the hell was he on about?