Chapter 10 - Mother's Truthful Words

Kyle's POV

 I stormed out of the building. How dare he threaten me like that? Who does he think he is?! Oh...wait...he's my dad...a useless lying scumbag of a dad. And me? Just the result of a rape incident, no biggie...trust my Mum to tell me that!

Angrily opening the car, I sat in the drivers seat and called Mum.

"Mum, I'm expecting an explanation. I'll be there in 5 minutes," I said coldly before closing the mobile. As you can probably see, our relationship ain't too good. In fact, if you put us in the same room, you'd be very surprised to know that we're related...let alone mother and son.

I parked my car outside the huge house and rang the doorbell. After a minute or so, footsteps came running to the door and my little sister Samantha jumped on me. I felt all my anger evaporate when I saw her smiling face.

"Hey Sammy! My my! Haven't you grown, next time I come back you'll be almost as tall as me!" I said, kneeling down and ruffling her hair.

"Samantha, you have homework to do. Go back upstairs," Mum said sternly, not even looking at me.

"But Mommy...I wanna play with Teddy!" Samantha protested, holding onto my hand.

"Samantha, don't make me repeat what I just said," Mum snapped. Samantha quickly let go of my hand and trudged up the stairs, looking back with a sad expression.

"What do you want?" Mum said, glaring at me.

"An explanation, as I said...Mum," I said, stressing the Mum. She flinched but quickly composed herself and invited me in.

"Sit," she ordered, taking a seat on the sofa furthest from the one she was pointing to.

"Not even a please?" I asked, biting my tongue. I took a seat and looked at her expectantly. "You can begin any time, you know?"

"Why don't you just ask him?" Mum asked.

"I'll ask him tomorrow. I wanna hear what you gotta say first," I said. She looked down and sighed...as if she was bored.

"Okay. He was drunk and I tried to help him. Instead he raped me and got me pregnant with you. Simple as," she stated in a monotone voice.

"Why didn't you tell me about him?" I asked.

"Why does it matter if I told you or not? You grew up with Warren, who's been a father figure to you since you were born," Mum said.

"Don't you think it's wrong not to tell your son who his father is? I can't believe you brought me up thinking Warren's my real Dad," I said, trying to contain my anger.

"Well, sorry...but your real dad didn't want anything to do with you. Why would he? You're an accident, nothing more. No love was involved in...producing you," she said, her harsh words creating invisible wounds on me. I took a deep breath and looked straight at her.

"You have never seen me as your son have you?" I asked slowly. Her gaze caught mine and silent tears fell.

"I'm sorry...I can't say I have. You ruined everything for me...my studies, my life, my everything. Everytime I look at you, I see him. Day by day you look more and more like him...so much so that I can't even be in the same room as you without shaking with fear. He raped me! You have no idea what that felt like, how I can't even watch a TV show with him in it. And you! You're face identical to his...in the same room as me?! I'm sorry for being a bad mother, but try seeing this from my point of view!" she said. She was starting to shake now, whether it was from tears or fear...I couldn't tell.

"What about me?! I didn't ask to be born! I was just a child who wanted to be loved by his parents...but both of you couldn't give me that. You hate me, Warren hates me and my real dad is a rapist! You're my MOTHER! Why can't you see things from my point of view for once?!" I shouted angrily, my eyes hot from the tears. "No matter how hard I tried...it was never good enough was it? Well, I'm going now mother, don't worry, I won't come back and scare you anymore. Finally you can get rid of this son you wish you never had!"