Chapter 32

Lupin's POV

I pull my trunk back up to my room and seem to interrupt Sirius and James in the middle of a serious conversation. They stop and stare at me, almost as if they're assessing me.

"Why're you both so serious?" I joke, trying to lift the mood.

"This is no times for puns." Sirius says whilst James silently tries to control his laughter. "We are discussing your future love life and that is hardly a joking matter."

I frown, looking down at them both. "What makes you think that you have any form of control over my love life?"

"What about if it's with someone that we can assure you you'd be happy with?" James tries to sugar coat it

"No." I say flatly.

"Come onnnnnn." James whines. "Lily approves and she's the smartest person I know!"

I try my best not to feel slightly offended as I think back to the countless times I've helped them all with various assignments. Helping them pass all classes and exams so that they can achieve their future dreams and professions.

I lie down on my bed and pull out a book, ignoring them and trying to forget about their crazy ideas. After a minute of silence, I turn back to them, curiosity getting the better of me.

"Speaking hypothetically, I were to go along with this idea, who exactly would you match me up with?" I ask carefully, trying to seem uninterested.

"Who else but the beautiful, intelligent Imogen Prewett." James says excitedly.

"Her? But you hate her?"

He frowns. "Hate is a very strong word."

"One that you've used often enough when describing her though." I bite back. "Why her? Why us?!"

They look at each other knowingly. "Everyone agrees that you belong together, and seeming as England runs on a democracy, we win the majority. Which means that you are going to be matched up with her."

At that point, Peter walks through the door and the others round on him. "Peter, who should Moony go out with?"

Without a single bit of hesitation he says the name that has been swirling around a lot lately. I just roll my eyes and tell them that it doesn't prove anything but the fact that they go on about us so much that they've even brainwashed Peter into believing it.

"Fine then, you don't have to believe it but you'll be absolutely adorable together!" James exclaims, clapping his hands together in excitement and beaming down at the three of us as he jumps off his bed.

We all give him a confused look before he coughs. "Yeah, I mean, I think you'd be good together."

I roll my eyes at him and turn back to my book. I hear the door open and close before quickly turning around to see that James had vanished.

"Where's he gone?" I ask.

"To find your future bride." Sirius replies nonchalantly. "Come on, you need to talk to her." He turns towards me and grabs my hand, trying to pull me up from my comfortable position.

"For the love of Merlin, can't you just leave me alone!" I shout, pulling my arm out of his grasp. "I don't want to be with her!"

They give me thoughtful looks and frown. They turn to look at each other, mouthing something behind their hands. Sirius then turns to me sadly and pouts sympathetically. "It's your time of the month isn't it. That's why you're so moody this afternoon." He snaps his fingers in realisation, like he's just come up with a theory that's worthy of winning some great recognition in the world.