BONUS ~ Birthday

The feeling of his calloused hands gently brushing against my eyelashes tickles slightly, making me smile and giggle. He laughs along with me, carefully leading me through the narrow corridor.

"Happy birthday." He whispers in my ear, lifting his hands from my eyes and wrapping them around my waist.

Our owl hoots in the corner of the room, its brown head twisting around curiously at the decorations.

A small pile of presents sit before my place at the table and a thick chocolate cake stands proudly beside them, it's candles softly flickering and sending specks of glitter into the air with its smoke. Flowers decorate the area around my plate and a jar with a single pale pink rose rests in the centre.

"I love it." I mentally say, my fingers cupping his cheek and brushing against his temple. "I love you."

"I love you too." He smiles and kisses me lovingly on the forehead. "Now come on, this cake won't eat itself." 

He pulls out my chair for me, grinning like the love struck lunatic that he is. He pours me a glass of cold milk (yes I know I act like a child, but I'm having chocolate cake, what would you expect?) and sits opposite continuously smiling down at me.

I blow out the candles and close my eyes, casting my wish into the air with a content sigh. I cut us both generous slices of cake and moan happily as the delicious taste of chocolate washes over my tastebuds.

He hands me the first present, a beautifully wrapped box with an ornate golden envelope, my name written in perfect cursive from a perfect person and her less than perfect husband. Lily and James Potter. In the box there lies a small silver carousel ornament, the horses magically spinning around.

Sirius gifts me some socks decorated with Mandrakes.
Peter, a book on deadly plants and how to avoid them.
Mary gives me some very explicit underwear which I shove back into the bag.
Alice and Frank give me a new travel cage for our owl.
Molly, a knitted scarf.
Gideon and Fabian combine their efforts to gift me a couple of plants which immediately go into my greenhouse.

"Ok." Remus says impatiently. "My gift now."

He pulls out a slim rectangular shaped object wrapped in pale pink and white striped paper and topped with a sloppy attempt for a bow. I grin and take my last bite of my second slice of cake, reaching over and taking the present with a mouthed 'thank you'.

I peel away at the paper, relishing in his infectious excitement and happiness. Tears well up in my eyes at the sight of his gift. A copy of Alice in Wonderland, almost identical to the one that my grandfather gave me, the one that was thrown into the fire.

"Is it the right one? I asked Molly and she said-"

I cut him off by standing up and walking around to hug him, wrapping my arms tightly around his torso. He relaxes into my tight embrace after a couple of seconds, running his hands through my hair.

"Merlin, I love you so incredibly much."

"I love you so incredibly more. Happy birthday."

HELLO LOVELIES! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY SO HERE'S A BIRTHDAY BONUS FOR Y'ALL. 

Please please please read the next update chapter please and comment xxxxx