Chapter 45

Remus's POV

"Im, I don't think you're allowed to just sign yourself out like this." I sigh disapprovingly as she leans over the desk, scribbling away on a slip of paper.

The last thing I want is for her to tire herself out and have to return in a couple of days, therefore missing more school and making more people worried about her, especially as I know it'll be my fault.

Pshhh, I'm fine, seriously. She blushes, not used to the affection I'm showing her. Don't worry.

"I can't not worry." I mumble to myself as we walk out of St. Mungos and into the muggle world. "Where are we actually going?"

She unzips a backpack and grabs my wand, dropping it in there along with her own. She pulls out a notebook and thick black pen, smiling as she begins to write.

I've never noticed it before, how her cheeks dip in ever so slightly when she smiles, almost like they're trying so hard to be dimples but failing. A lock of hair falls in front of her eye and she blows it away in irritation, not braking her gaze away from the page. She twists her head slightly and the cold sun just catches on her face, making her freckles stand out and her hair look like a blonder version of her siblings.

We're going to explore, to be tourists in our own country, to have fun and be free of hospitals, school and people that we know.

I laugh at her excited demeanour and she grabs my hand, pulling me down the road as quickly as her legs can carry her.

Everything I see is clouded over with a bright sense of happiness. I can't tear my eyes away from her and the beautiful, glowing aura that surrounds her. In this moment, I realise that this is what life with Imogen will be like, and after not being with her for a week, I don't want to relive that, I want to stay in this moment forever.

She squeezes her way through the crowd of tourists standing around Trafalgar Square and somehow sends me tumbling into a girl who steps out right in front of me. I catch the random girls elbow before she falls and her bushy brown hair flies all over the place.

"Oops, sorry." I mumble as I hurry to catch up with Immy.

"That's fine!" The girl shouts back, rejoining her boyfriend who's brown eyes pierce into me.

Immy stops, checks that I'm keeping up and then waves at the couple who's eyes follow me. The bushy haired girl waves back but her boyfriends pulls her away.

Her hand snakes up to my temple and she tries to act casual, as if she's just pushing my hair out of my forehead.

"She seems nice, I can feel it."

I laugh. "So you can sense people's intentions now?" I whisper.

"I was sharing a room with a seers relation, some of it must of rubbed off on me."

"Evidently."

She grins widely and grabs my hand again before walking like a madwoman towards the art gallery. Instead of looking at the paintings, she heads straight for the cafe. She scans her eyes down the menu and points out the ham and cheese toastie and rose lemonade.

"Good choice." I whisper in her ear, giving her hand a tight squeeze.

She squeezes my hand back and so I lift it up to my mouth and place a light kiss on her knuckles.