The perfect moment

It takes a while for the loud music and flashing lights to start to annoy me. I don't feel good with being alone so I walk to Sakura, Winry and a few other girls.

"Hey guys, want to go for a walk?" I get strange looks from each of them when I ask.

"Are you kidding, not in these heels." Sakura rubs her ankle.

"Sorry Killua, I can't stand walking in heels too long, especially in the grass." Ino has come to like me in the time of this party.

"I really want to go on a walk as well." Kiba walks up to me, Akamaru on his shoulder.

"I was planning on talking on a walk; do you want to come with me?"

"Yeah, sure." We share a smile as I stand up and we walk out the back towards the end of the garden, towards the start of the sunset.

We walked to the bottom then we started to walk on the stone path back to the top, talking about anything that came to mind and having a constant smile on my face.

"Man, I hate heels so much." I wobble as I struggle to walk properly in my high heels.

"Why don't we walk on the grass? It might be easier for you." Kiba starts walking to the grass and I happily go with him. As we just walk around we find a little sitting area outside and decide to sit down for a while. I'm glad we did as I got a rest from walking in the devils shoes and we had an awesome conversation about anything. At some point we even talked about spiders and how he sometimes annoys his friends at sleepovers and stuff. I never though much of Kiba but I've learned that he's actually a fun person, I'd love to be around him a lot more.

Once the sun has just gone down I look up at the dark sky.

"Can we walk a bit more now, I love the night sky." I ask, hoping to catch a star in the sky.

"Yeah, let's go." We stand up and make our way around to a part of the garden at the side of the building, a path near the back of the building, a bunch of trees dotted here and there and another path leading to behind some trees and bushes. Kiba lets Akamaru off his shoulder to run on the grass and we stand, I'm just looking up and admiring the small amount of stars that are finally showing. A bit of wind hits me and in this dress I start to get cold.

"I don't know why but I'm suddenly cold." I say my thoughts out loud as I pull my gaze away from the beautiful sky.

"Why don't you wear my jacket?" He holds his jacket out to me and I gain a huge smile as I lightly take it from his grip and put it on. It is so warm and he hasn't even worn it for a while. We start to walk again but it's further away from the party.

When we walk on the mystery path we end up in a rounded area surrounded by a small wall and a few bushes, in the centre is a cross pathway with different bushes and flowers in each corner and around that was a circled path with a few benches. We sit on one of the benches and Akamaru lies down on the floor near Kiba's feet. We just sit and talk for... I don't know how long, he tells me about random stories as I struggle to decide if I should look at the lovely garden or the sparkly sky but most of the time I look into his bright brown eyes. He tells me how he trains his dogs, even how once a guy told his dog to attack Kiba and when it was going for him he pushed its head own and told it to sit. Apparently it did, I'm honestly not surprised with how close his family is with dogs. At some point he even turned to the subject of his family, telling me all the little problems that would normally be hidden inside. Since we're on the subject I told him a few little personal things, I'm about in tears but he thankfully said something funny, which made us both laugh. I can't think of a better scenario, I'm sitting in a lovely garden on a clear night, all the stars are shining, a party is in the background and I'm sitting with an awesome person that's making my heart beat a mile a minute. It's strange for me yet it's so... perfect. It's getting late and I start to yawn, the one time I want to be awake I start to get tired, life's so fair.

"Tired?" I only nod my head and before I know it Kiba puts his arm and pulls me so my head is resting on his shoulder. "This should be more comfortable for you." It truly is, I could fall asleep right here, right now but I refuse to miss a minuet of this perfect moment. After a while of a comfortable silence Kiba gets my attention. "Killua." I look up at him and he looks down at me.

"What is it?" My voice is soft since I'm so tired.

"I've got a present for you. I want to give it to you now instead of later." I sit up straight with a look of curiosity as Kiba reaches into his trousers pocket and takes out a small black box, which has a blue ribbon around it that goes into a cute bow. I slowly take it from him and carefully unwrap the bow then I open the box to see a blue gem necklace in the shape of a heart. I cover my mouth with my spare hand; I can't believe it's so beautiful. "Happy birthday Killua."

"Kiba, it's beautiful. Why would you get something so gorgeous for me?" I'm still in shock as I struggle for words.

"The truth is... in the academy I always noticed you and a few times I tried pushing myself to get to know you but I just never got the courage for it. That is how much I wanted to know you." Tears form in my eyes and I smile until it hurts. "May I?" He motions to the necklace and I nod, he takes it out of the box and clips it around my neck. "You look beautiful." This puts me over the edge and I start to lightly cry as I fight the tears. From the little blurs I can see Kiba smiles at me and reaches one of his hands to my face and the other around my waist. I close my eyes as I feel his hands curve around my body. It doesn't take long until I feel his breath and then something soft touch my lips, is another guy kissing me? Before I could figure out an answer he pulls away and I open my eyes to finally see clearly, I put my fingers to my mouth as I have a sweet taste that was not there before. Kiba's about to say something when he's interrupted by someone yelling my name.

"Killua!" Minato is close, I put the blue ribbon in the box and close it before grabbing Kibas' hand and dragging him to Minato. Good bye perfect moment, hopefully I'll meet you again.