Chapter 4 - One Week

It was two hours before Lucy and the others had to leave for the Grand Magic Games, and she spent it throwing random clothes into a suitcase. There were at least three to four different suitcases, one just full of shoes. As she finished packing the second, her door opened as Zeref stepped through, skimming his eyes along the messy room.

    "How much stuff are you exactly packing?" He asked questioningly, glancing up at her as she placed her favorite pair of boots into the suitcase.

     She smiled at his entrance. "I have to be ready. Looking good during a fight isn't a crime, is it?" She stopped, making her way over to him. "I'm glad you came though! I'm going to be gone for a long while so I thought," she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him towards her. "We could spend some time together. What do you say?"

     He grabbed her hands and pulled them off him, placing them at her sides. "I say no," and he moved towards the window. "I didn't come for such a silly thing, I just wanted to make sure you were ready."

    Lucy rolled her eyes, following after him. "I'm definitely ready, my darling. But I know what could make me readier!" She meant to jump on his back but Zeref moved out of the way fast, letting her slam her forehead into the window seat. "Ow, Mr. Z you should never dodge a love attack." She turned to him, seeing him finish her packing. She groaned, getting to her feet. "I didn't know you wanted me to leave so badly."

    "There's only two hours and you've got to be ready," he stated, finishing up the suitcase. "You won't need a fourth."

    "Zeref, come on. An hour is long enough and then I'll be out of your hair." She stayed where she was, rocking back and forth on her heels. She carefully undid her hair from it's ponytail, letting her blonde hair spill over her shoulders. "Please, Darling?" Zeref glanced over at her, watching as she made her way over, slowly unbuckling her sleeves and sliding them off.

   "You've changed a lot in a year," he said, making her smile widen.

   "I think that's a good thing, isn't it?" When she was close enough to him, both her sleeves were off, showing her ring of skulls on her right wrist. She reached up to touch his face with that hand but he grasped her wrist, making her jump a little.

   "I'd say you've become a lot more persistent, Lucy." She seemed like she was going to say something but was cut off when their lips met and she gladly melted into it. She ran her free hand through his black hair as he let go of her right hand and ran his hands around her waist. He twirled her around so her back hit the wall, hard.

    Wrapping her legs around his waist, Lucy dug her nails into his back hard as the kisses became more intense and it filled her with joy. He never touched her like this and she's been giving hints, practically begging for the entire year. The thoughts running through her head were telling her he'd miss her and it made her happy. Sometimes she heard the others saying he didn't really care about her but she knew differently. What was happening now, the way their hands ran over each other's bodies, told her he loved her too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Team Natsu had set out to retrieve Makarov by the time Mirajane and Elfman discovered the new Grand Magic Games. It was being held in one week and as Mira stared at the flyer, leaning forward enough for Elfman to still see, she had already made a decision.

   "We should participate," she stated.

   "What, why?" Lisanna asked, who sat beside her older brother with a lemonade in her hand. "I know we won last time but we also fought a bunch of dragons and almost died."