Epilogue

The handcuffs were digging into Lucy's wrists, causing them to redden and for skin to peel by how dry they had gotten. Her nails were tapping against the metal table, the chains clinking against it the more she moved her hands. A small handle was stuck in the middle, the chain linked through it so she couldn't move her hands certain distances.

     Lucy's blonde hair had been brushed and neatly smoothed out, her signature heart earrings decorating her ears, her bangs covering her forehead. She wore a dark blue jumpsuit, the sleeves rolled up to her elbows and she had on worn out brown boots with Velcro, shoelaces not allowed in the Asylum, afraid their patients would try hanging themselves.

     She was leaning back in a metal chair, the legs squeaking as she crossed her legs. She was inside a metal room that contained the magic of mages, leaving her powerless and bored. The only door was locked shut, the only light being the one overhead that illuminated against the metal walls that must've taken years to build. 

     When the door opened, no guards stood outside and the only person to enter the room was Zeref, his footsteps light and barely noticeable. If Lucy hadn't been able to see the door, she wouldn't of seen him coming, which she yearned for and as he closed the door behind him, she cocked her head to the side.

    He sat down across from her, making sure he wasn't leaning against the chair or forward on the table. He stood perfectly straight as he kept his hands underneath the table. She smiled at him but his face remained serious. "How have you been?" 

     Lucy shrugged. "I've been better. They haven't done anything to me because it's only been a day since I was captured." She leaned forward, the chains knocking against each other as she leaned on her hands, not being able to reach towards him unless he drew closer, which she had to convince him to do. "So, when are you getting me out of here? After everything that went down, I've been feeling really tense lately."

     Zeref didn't budge as he looked her straight in the eyes, not breaking contact. "I'm not bailing you out this time, Lucy. Not right away."

     She frowned. "Is it gonna take two weeks again? I don't think I can wait that long," she giggled, biting her lip as he slowly shook his head. "Three weeks?" 

      "You didn't listen to me, so I'm not breaking you out for a long while." She fell back, her mouth agape in shock and confusion when the words left his mouth. "I don't care what you did to the town, I only sent you to the Grand Magic Games to see how you reacted to Fairy Tail being there. The town was your way."

       She scoffed, never thinking she'd use an angry tone towards him. "Then how did I not listen to you? Juvia didn't die and Sherria wasn't my doing, that was Ruby. You should be punishing him not me."

        "You tried killing Natsu, when I told you to not touch him."

        Lucy froze, but not from remembering Zeref saying that, but more on the fact that he knew she and Natsu had fought. She knew Fairy Tail hadn't called on Serenity, since they most likely didn't know who they were. "How do you know we fought each other?"

        Zeref broke the connection between them, his eyes falling to the cuffs around her wrists. "Lissa and Xavier were the ones who called you in. They told me about your battle with Natsu." Lucy was struck hard, the surprise not just showing on her face but the way her hands flew from the table, the chains rattling.

       "Why the hell would they do that?!" Zeref held out a calming hand, which Lucy took a hold of, hoping he'd change his mind about leaving her in here. "I know you said not to and I didn't. We fought and Natsu told me that I wasn't going to be able to kill him and I didn't. So let me out of here."

        Zeref leaned forward, his dark eyes burning what felt like holes into Lucy's skull. "You still tried and that was going against my wishes." Lucy's heart began to beat seven times faster when he pulled his hands away from hers and started towards the door. "You'll know when you are being released," he called behind him as he opened the door. "I wish you luck until then."

       "Zeref, wait. Zeref." The door was left open as he rounded the corner and soon two guards flooded the room. "Zeref!" His name bounced off the walls as they unhooked her from the table, yanking her out of the chair with so much force, Lucy was afraid they'd pull her skin off. The mask returned around her mouth, chains clicking around her ankles and they dragged her out of the room, the door shutting behind them. 

      Lucy was breathing with complete rage and fear, being pulled through the bare grey walls, her feet sliding against the hard floor giving her nightmares from the last time she had been here. 

      They bounded down stairs, the creaks of the floorboards echoing through the hall as a large gate opened by another guard, who watched Lucy with disgust on his face as the two guards dragged her down the hall. Shouts and moans filled the rooms, multiple cells on either side of the halls.

      They kept dragging her through multiple hallways, opening multiple gates until they reached her cell. It was the very last one at the end of a hall, the brick wall it was pushed up against having no door that lead to another set of cells. 

      The cells were high tech, the doors metal with no window to look through but a small slot to slide food in. There was a large window that was bared so you could see inside the cell, which was all cold bricks, a small bed in the corner of the room. The bars glimmered from a spell that was over them, one that prevented any types of magic and shocked the patient if they place one finger on it. 

     When the guard opened the door, the one holding Lucy unclasped her mask and pushed her into the cell. She fell to the ground with a loud bang, the chains around her being ripped from her body and the door shut behind her. She glanced over, seeing one of the guards press a button that was beside the bared windows and the light that flooded into her room from the hallway began to disappear as a large metal shield displayed itself over the magically protected bars, leaving Lucy in darkness.

      There was a small window above the bed, magic protecting that one as well, keeping her from breaking it even though it was too small for her to slip through. Lucy rose to her feet, wiping off the dirt from her knees. She sat down on the bed, the bumpy mattress creaking underneath her. 

      There were no covers and Lucy began unbuttoning her jumpsuit, pulling her arms out of the sleeves as she let the cold chill of the night seep into the window and touch her bare skin. She wore a black strapless bra that wrapped around her breasts like a bandage, leaving her arms, chest and stomach clear of clothing, underneath the jumpsuit and stood up only to wrap the sleeves around her waist. She laid down on the mattress, grimacing from the uncomfortable way it was made, knowing she wasn't going to get any sleep.

      Lucy laid on her back, staring up at the stone ceiling as the moonlight spilled across her face, illuminating her eyes. She let a sigh escape her slightly parted lips, nothing crossing her mind as she just let herself fall into the uncomfortable mattress.