Chapter 8 - Let the Games Begin

"Will you slow down? Lucy!" But her feet wouldn't stop, even when Nothing yelled behind her, his shallow footsteps following closely behind her. She could barely hear Ruby but the small tint of his shoes tapped the pavement, warning her of his presence as Lucy stomped down the street in rage. Her hands were balled into fists as she turned a corner to find a cafe that had just opened. 

                She walked inside and slammed her hands onto the countertop. The cashier jumped, her braided hair falling behind her. "Coffee, now," she growled, the girl running in the back. She sighed, Nothing and Ruby coming up behind her. "I wanna kill someone right now."

                 "Is it because of last night?" Nothing asked. 

                  Lucy turned around, leaning against the coutner as she heard the coffee machine go on in the back. "Precisely. I can't believe they're here. I'm competing against them, w-what am I supposed to do?"

                  Ruby cocked his head to the side. "What you always do, Onee-chan. Just kill them." The tone of his voice was full of excitement, his eyes lighting up as he spoke. Nothing nudged the kid in the shoulder, earning him a glare.

                  "You can't kill them, Zeref wouldn't let you. At least not the specific person you really want to murder," Nothing said, his hands stuffed in his pant pockets. "Maybe random people. But I will say that you shouldn't do it now, not when the Games start this afternoon."

                  Lucy bit her lip, ears perking up as the girl returned with her cup of coffee. She gradually took it and slapped a five dollar bill on the counter. "Keep the change," she said, moving past her partners and sitting down besid the grand window. Nothing sat beside her while Ruby sat opposite. "I won't kill them, yet. Just seeing them before me, seeing Natsu made me so angry."

                   "You killed the bartender," Ruby said. "How controlling."

                   "It felt good," she stated, taking a sip of her coffee. It was bitter and she grimaced, setting it on back on the small plate. "I'm gonna bring them down in the Games, I assure you of that." Her friends smiled at her determination but they fell away when Xavier and Lissa entered the cafe. The cashier seemed frightened, probably by Xavier's size or that more weird people were showing up, Lucy couldn't tell, most likely both.

                   Xavier glowered at the blonde, stepping behind her, his massive arms crossing his massive chest. "I saw the mess you made in the lobby this morning. Fairy Tail was cleaning it up."

                 Lucy let the bitter liquid go down her throat to avoid talking. She didn't want to deal with Xavier's anger towards her right now. The only thing she wanted to do was lie down and sleep. She shrieked when his hand slammed down on the table and behind her, she heard the cashier scream as well. 

                "What were you thinking?! You stupid girl!" Lucy scoffed and whirled around, her chair falling backwards as she jumped to her feet in rage. She glanced up at him, her twin braids lifting off her shoulders because she had too look up so high.

                "I think 'stupid girl' is going too far," she exclaimed. "And it's not my fault I lost it. Zeref knew Fairy Tail was going to be here yet he didn't tell me! It pissed me off and I lost control but it won't happen again."

                She could tell by the way Xavier's face was sculptured that he didn't believe her, and even Lucy couldn't believe her own words. She would definatly commit a murder like that again. In fact, she was itching for it, but looking up at her comrade right now, the lie came right out of her mouth.