Chapter 10 - Lucy vs Juvia

Juvia was in awe when the snake collapsed on itself, Lucy struggling to her feet as she clutched her arm. The blonde turned around, blood seeping from the cracks of her fingers as the spots where the acid had hit began to bleed. 

       The bluenette neared her, her steps easy and careful. She opened her mouth to speak but Lucy moved too fast for anything to come out. In seconds she was right in front of her, teeth clenched in pain as she punched Juvia across the face, sending her flying sideways. She crashed into a wall, it cracking underneath the pressure.

        She gasped, the hit not enough for her to collapse. Juvia turned and just barely missed Lucy's second punch, her left hand surprisingly stronger. She dunked underneath her arm and knew that if she didn't act, Juvia would lose. So her fist connected with Lucy's gut and it sent her skidding backwards.

       She clenched her stomach, her breathing heavy as she wiped away saliva in the corners of her mouth. The two didn't exchange any words as they continued, sparring repeatedly. Lucy dodged all of Juvia's attacks while the bluenette had a harder time, at least getting blown with three out of the twenty.

       She jumped back, her head spinning. Purple smoke twirled around Lucy's hand as she ran towards her, Juvia standing still, her feet planted in the dirt as Lucy drove the sword through her stomach. She didn't feel it go through, her body becoming water, flowing in the non existent wind. Lucy's eyes widened with realization and she swore under her breathe. Juvia took the chance to strike, her pale fingers twitching as magic radiated throughout her body.

        "Water Cane!" She exclaimed, a line of water spraying out of her open palm. She wrapped her hand around it and let the whip wrap itself around Lucy's neck, making the blonde's weapon disappear as she clenched the whip with her hands. Juvia used all her force to throw her former comrade into the air and fling her across the street.

        The whip let her go, letting Lucy fly through the air. She smashed into the pavement, rolling down the street until her foot knocked against a rock, her body rocking on her back. Juvia walked towards her, the whip still in hand and flung it forward, the water structure wrapping around Lucy's ankle. 

        Juvia pulled and Lucy screamed as she was dragged towards the bluenette, her stance firm and placed. Juvia threw her hand into the air, making Lucy be lifted off the ground again, her blonde hair being released from it's braids by the impact. She brought her arm back down, making Lucy fall onto her acid arm, her scream ear ripping. 

         The bluenette let the whip fall away, leaving Lucy's ankle wet from where it had touched, her neck swamped with water. Juvia watched as she struggled to her feet, her legs shaking wildly, her arm limp at her side.

          Blood ran down the side of her face, her white teeth touched with red as she glared deeply at Juvia, her anger shown in her brown eyes. "You bloody bitch," Lucy growled and ran towards her. Juvia got her body ready for another stab but her eyes widened when Lucy jumped and wrapped her legs around her waist. She grasped the sides of Juvia's face and smashed the left side of her face with Lucy's right side. 

         She reversed the motion, bashing their heads together four times each. Juvia's brain rattled and all she could do was watch as Lucy used all her remaining strength to unwrap her legs and push herself over Juvia's head, landing swiftly on her feet behind her. Wrapped around her throat, Juvia felt the pressure of a rubber wire, her face turning red as she clawed at the wire desperately, the air being taken from her legs as she gagged.

        Lucy was screaming in frustration and she back kicked Juvia in the back, the force of her kick making the bluenette flip over her, smashing face first into the pavement. Air returned to her lungs, which she gasped for. Something tightened around her hair and yanked, making her scream as Lucy pushed her onto her back, sitting on her stomach and wrapped her hands around Juvia's throat.