Chapter 15 - Activation Starting

When the sun had finally rose, Lucy was sitting on the floor in her and Lissa's suite bathroom. Memories of the previous night flooded her brain and she refused to go down. She rested her chin on her knees, arms wrapped around her legs like she protected them. She wore a grey tank top and the same jeans, her white sneakers still on her feet. 

        Her blonde hair was tangled, and she hadn't gotten any sleep the entire night. Lissa currently slept in her bed, right outside, in Lucy's view but she didn't look Lissa's way. She stared at the counter, glaring at the doors that lead underneath the sink. 

       She heard Lissa groan, the bed squeaking underneath the young girl's weight as she slid off the bed and entered the doorway. She wore purple shorts with white socks and a plain whit t-shirt. A bandage for her shoulder was hidden so well, you'd probably just think it was part of the shirt. Her black hair was in a side ponytail and she whipped her eyes as she looked at Lucy with confusion from her tiredness. 

       "Miss Lucy, what are you doing?" She didn't answer, her lips slightly parted to let out air as her brown eyes stayed focused on the door handles of the sink. Lissa disappeared, the room door opening and then shutting. Chatter could be heard down the hall and soon, Lissa reentered but with Nothing at her side. 

      He entered the bathroom, Lissa looming in the doorway and knelt down, watching Lucy with curious eyes. "How you doing?" Nothing wasn't the type of man to try and comfort someone. He didn't really care about other people's feelings, but when it came to his comrades, he'd do anything for them. He was cold blooded but not cold hearted and this was shown as he gently touched Lucy's knee. "What are you doing, Lucy?"

     She spoke no words, keeping silent. She was afraid that if she spoke, tears would begin to brim and she'd break into uncontrollable sobs. Or if she spoke, Lucy would begin to shake and start screaming from the anger welled inside her. If she let herself speak for any reason, it would become mayhem. 

     Nothing glanced back at Lissa. "Go get Xavier, we need to get ready for the Games." When Lissa disappeared again, he turned back to Lucy. "Hey, today is the day. We have a little fun around town after the Games end today and we ruin people's lives. Like we always do. Okay?" He touched her forehead and let his hand push her hair back, but it didn't do anything to get Lucy out of her daze.

     She knew that her, Nothing and Ruby's plan laid itself out this evening, but she was too tired and afraid to do anything at the moment. She was excited for their plan, practically bathing in the thought of more blood shed, but she felt powerless.

      She heard voices enter the room and out of the corner of her eye, Lissa wasn't in the room but Xavier was. He entered the bathroom, his long black hair pulled into a low pony as he hovered over Nothing, who glanced away from Lucy and up at the burly man. "She won't budge," he whispered even though she heard him perfectly.

       "I'm not in the mood today," hearing herself say, her throat burning from the lack of water and the amount of screaming she had done last night. "I don't want to move."

       Nothing sighed, again glancing up at Xavier for help. The big guy leaned down and grasped Lucy's left arm, his hand large and her arm a stick, she was half afraid he'd break it in half. Nothing grabbed her other arm, gentler then Xavier and they tried hauling her up but she refused, Lucy using her remaining strength to pull down. "Leave me alone," she whined, her voice full of desperation.

     "Hell no," Nothing murmured, giving her another pull with Xavier's help. They half succeeded, Lucy on her knees now and this time, she snapped out of her reverie and struggled in the two men's grasp. She fell backwards, landing back on the ground in frustration. They grabbed her elbow and began dragging her across the tiled floors of the bathroom. "God you're strong."