Chapter 13 - Lissa's Magic

"Welcome to day two of the Grand Magic Games! As always, let's start with a challenge. Guilds, pick your participant and come on down into the arena." Wendy's hand shot up, determination on her face as everyone on the balcony turned and stared at her. They weren't particularly surprised that she voted herself in but the reaction that she gave was sure a surprise. 

                 "I'll go," she said, turning towards the stairs and running down them before her comrades got anything out of their mouths. She entered the arena, calming her stride as she passed the contestants. They were all looming above her and she sighed, growing even more desperate to grow out of her small stature. 

                  "Wendy Marvell from Fairy Tail!" She heard her guild screaming behind her and smiled for her support. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Sherria skipping her way out of the shadows, waving wildly at Wendy. She was about to wave back when the pinkette tripped, falling flat on her face.

                    The audience laughed and Wendy couldn't help but giggle as Sherria rose to her feet, continuing her way over while rubbing her nose. "Sherria Blendy from Lamia Scale!" Her guild screamed and she waved awkwardly at them as she stopped in front of Wendy.

                    "Ruby Valentine from Premonition!" Wendy whirled around to find the young boy behind her, his eyes shaking with passion. A shiver slithered up her spine as he held out his hand, it tanned from the sun but his face reminded her of a vampire. 

                     "I'm Ruby," he said, his voice a lot higher up then she thought. She was relucant to take it at first but shook it, her lips twitching up into an awkward smile half smile. When they let go, so turned to the announcer, sweat beading down her forehead when Ruby stepped closer and Sherria stepped back. 

                     "Today's challenge is a simple one," he said. "The contestants will stay in the arena this time and they will all pick one card from the deck in my hands. Whatever card they pick will match someone else's and whoever that person is, you must discover their darkest secret. When you do, the judges will pick the most interesting one and who's ever it is will earn thirty points. Last place will earn zero points and the rest will earn fifteen points."

                       Wendy shook with fear, Sherria doing the same behind her while Ruby seemed to be thinking very hard on his darkest secret. "How is this a challenge?" Sherria murmured, entering the lineup, Wendy and Ruby following. When Sherria came up, she grabbed a card looked at it and sighed, stepping to the side as she waited for Wendy to pick hers.

                       When she did, Wendy flipped her card over and got a Joker. She showed Sherria hers and it made the pinkette almost cry. She got Queen of Hearts and when Ruby stepped beside Wendy, flipping his over, it was a Joker. 

                        Wendy gulped. "That's unfortunate," she whispered, the boy smiling up at her. She knew he could make his teeth sharp, for that was his magic, but they already looked incredibly shark like. "Sherria, who did you match with?" She turned towards the pinkette and found that she wasn't there anymore.

                       "Wendy!" Both she and Ruby glanced over to find Sherria being dragged away by a Diamond Rouge girl, her blonde hair messy and her breasts bobbing as she skipped, her hands tightened on the pinkette's shirt collar. "Help me!"

                         "Alright, you have two minutes to discover one another's darkest secrets," the announcer boomed. "Begin!" Wendy turned to the boy, his face serious as she tried reading him but she felt like he was burning her at the stake with his impending gaze. Their eyes met and Wendy swore neither of them blinked once as they stared each other down.