Chapter 5 - The Arrival of the Dark Guild

"Miss Lucy?" A small groan escaped Lucy's lips as her eyes slowly opened, her mouth tasting like metal as she ran a hand across her mouth as she squinted, seeing Lissa standing beside her. Unlike usual, she wasn't wearing her white gown but a red one with black polka-dots. At first, Lucy was afraid she'd turned into a ladybug but when her vision fixed itself, she breathed a sigh of relief.

Lissa's black hair was still down like usual but this time a red headband was across her head and her two different colored eyes was her high lighted feature. Lucy rose to a sitting position and looked down, seeing that she still wore no shoes. "At least that's still the same," she mumbled to herself as she pulled the white bed sheets up to cover her naked body. She glanced beside her to find the other side empty. "Ugh, are you serious? I never wake up in time."

Lissa grabbed a hold of a tray that sat on the bedside table and placed it in Lucy's lap. "Master said to give you food for energy and water for a parched throat. Also to get dressed afterwards and be ready to head to the train station." Lucy frowned as Lissa explained they were all meeting up there and that the train was leaving at eight thirty, for it was currently seven. After that Lissa closed the door behind her, leaving Lucy in silence.

She looked down at the meal that consisted of a glass of water, an apple, eggs and toast. She wasn't sure if it was an early breakfast or a very late dinner. She sighed, beginning to chew away on the toast as she thought back to the last hour or the one she had been awake for. Apparently they had been a lot longer than intended, since there had been a train at five and it had been three then. She came to the conclusion that she had fallen asleep at three thirty and Zeref had decided for them to take the eight thirty instead.

"I must've been really tired then," she mumbled to herself when she finished the toast and moved onward to the egg. She spent the next ten minutes eating and drinking. She carefully placed the tray back on the bedside table, making sure the apple didn't roll off and wrapped herself in the sheets. When she got to her feet, she noticed that all four suitcases, one empty, was in front of the bed frame. She didn't remember moving them.

As Lucy made her way to her closet, she noticed that the sun was just beginning to set. She never really took trains at night, which made her kind of excited. It was a three hour drive to the town the Games were being held in but Lucy didn't remember the name of it.

She pulled a pink dress out from the back of her closet and stood there for two minutes deciding if she should wear it. It was lace, like all her dresses and the pink was a skin type so it wasn't very bright. A black belt came with it and it covered her arms but also kept her shoulders bare, for there were small straps and the sleeves were connected to the chest part. All her dresses usually had the shoulder parts bare so her guild mark wouldn't be covered but she had maybe one or two dresses that did cover the shoulders.

She decided to wear it and dropped the sheets to the ground. When she had started buckling the belt around her torso, she noticed a small golden chain at the bottom of her closet. Lucy frowned, finishing with the belt and walking over the sheets so she could get down on her knees and be able to reach for the chain. Pulling it out, Lucy sat back and held the chain up in front of her face.

The chain was gold, not real of course and it twinkled in the bedroom's light. What the chain held was gold too and it was real. It was small and there was a small design itched into the gold. The design was blue and made what looked like small waves. Lucy's eyes shook as she ran her finger over the carvings, as her eyes traveled to the sides of it, how there were handles you could hold on too.

Lucy rose to her feet, making her way to her desk. As she sat down, she carefully placed the chain on the table and looked at herself in the mirror. Her blonde hair was messy and her makeup was smudged. She hadn't even noticed the tiny tears that had escaped from her brown eyes. Grabbing the hair brush, Lucy roughly brushed the strands until her hair was completely smooth.