Chapter 11 - Anger Confusion

"Alright everyone, that concludes our challenge for today!" The announcer boomed, but there was a shakiness in his voice when he spoke. "There will be two battles today, so take a break and get ready. We will announce the two competitors when the time comes." He stepped off, giving everyone relief from his loud voice. 

           Zenith sat in the infirmary, her back leaning against an arched pillow, making her sit up instead of lie down. Her forehead was wrapped in bandages, her black hair tied behind her. Her legs were covered with soft white sheets and she was the least damaged one of our the final three. Beside her laid Fairy Tail's Juvia, her stomach wrapped in bandages and her right hand as well. 

          Her blue hair stuck to her skin, the sweat making the paleness shine. She wasn't usually this pale, however, but after all the blows she had taken, she looked like death. Dark bags were underneath her eyes and her jacket hung on the edge of the bed. Her bare arm was exposed to a needle that dug into her veins, pumping blood into her system. 

          Zenith hadn't been present when Juvia appeared back in the arena but she had landed in her blood. She turned her gaze away from the bluenette, sighing when the screen in the corner of the room disappeared. 

         Suddenly the door banged open, smashing against the back wall as Fairy a Tail made their way in. Zenith saw Gray Fullbuster, the famous ice mage who never wore a shirt, his appearance showing that cliche now. Erza Scarlet leaned against the wall beside the open doorway, her blood red hair spilling over her armoured body. Nastu Dragneel, the Salamander of the guild stood beside Titania, arms crossed over his chest. 

          A little girl, Wendy Marvell, her pigtails swinging as she circled the bed to sit in front of Zenith, blocking her view from the dying girl. A blue cat fly beside the Salamander and Zenith had to rub her eyes to see if she was hallucinating. A white cat flew beside the little girl and Zenith looked away, batting her eyelashes as she tried to get a hang on reality. 

         Gajeel Redfox, the Iron Dragon Slayer and Levy McGarden, a petite bluenette, entered after them, keeping in the doorway. All of them watched the unconscious girl, Gray sitting in the chair opposite Wendy. 

        Zenith couldn't stop herself from commenting. "Sorry about your friend." They all turned to her, seeming surprised that she was there, not that she spoke. Zenith had a Russian accent, it thick and rough. "Little blondie has anger issues. Look at me, I'm second strongest in guild yet she kicked my ass."

       Wendy turned in the stool, her legs sliding against the metal bar at the bottom. "You're from Tally Raid, isn't that a dark guild as well?" 

      "Yes but people in my guild are sane. Your little girl is not," they seemed confused by the little girl comment. "The Lucy. She used to be in your guild yes? Was she always so crazy?" 

       Wendy lightly shook her head, her eyes saddening. The white cat, who sat leaning against Juvia's leg, touched the girl's leg in comfort. Zenith's eyes drifted up to Salamander, his pink hair spiked and face neutral. "She wasn't always like that," he said, his voice easy. 

      Zenith raised an eyebrow. "What made her so crazy then?"

     "She's not crazy," Levy said.

     "Tell that to the water body and my throbbing bottom," Zenith argued. "That girl needs mental help, I say. I may be from dark guild but I have stable mind." She turned away, grabbing a magazine that sat on her bedside table. Opening it to a random page, Zenith saw Titania making her way over, sitting in the chair next to her bed. 

     "You know Premonition well, right?" She didn't sound sure, her smooth voice full of questions. Zenith didn't look at her, flipping the page to a horoscope. "Tell us what you know about them."