Chapter 16 - Games Interrupted

The third day of the Games was a blur to Juvia, who sat beside Wendy on the balcony as the challenge and battles went down. No one from Fairy Tail or Premonition participated, so she found herself dozing in and out of consciousness, her head leaning against Wendy's shoulders. It was when there was a booming scream that shook the bluenette awake. 

          She lifted herself off of Wendy, rubbing her eyes. Her comrades were leaning against the mantle, trying to see where the scream had come from but seemed to be having no avail. Juvia sat in a wheelchair, her body still sore from her battle with Lucy. "What's going on?" She asked, glancing over at Wendy who slipped off a chair she had pulled up and looked over the mantle, looking the same way as everyone else.

        "I can't see anything," she said, unsure. Her pigtails falling in front of her as she leaned very far, her feet lifting off the ground. "Premonition isn't at their balcony." When the words left her mouth, a bang echoed through the arena and shook it. Wendy screamed and tumbled over the mantle but Gajeel caught her by the wrist before she could fall to her death.

       Juvia rolled herself over, finding a large hole behind the audience's heads. They scrambled out of their seats, running for the exits as Nothing stood in the hole, gawking. Some people hadn't been so lucky in getting away, their remains at the blonde's feet. He wore his usualy attire, a business suit but his blouse was completely unbuttoned, no tie. 

       As Gajeel began hauling Wendy over the side, another bomb sounded and shook the arena. Wendy screamed as Gajeel's hold loosened and she fell, her screams disappearing as she tumbled to the ground. Juvia heard herself scream Wendy's name but it was blocked out by another explosion and she felt herself fall over, clambering to the ground.

      She felt the other's fall as well and her feet suddenly felt light. She looked down to see the entire mantle gone, rocks tumbling down where Wendy had fallen. Juvia's feet dangled over the broken edge and the balcony began to crack, the concrete screaming as Juvia felt herself begin to slip. 

      Her skin scratched the broken cement, her nails clawing at the ground as she felt herself go over and her throat burned as she screamed. Her hair flew around her and she closed her eyes, trying to concentrate her magic. Juvia felt something bubble inside her and took a hold of that, letting magic surged through her veins. 

      "Water Body!" When she hit the ground, her legs and arms splintered into shards of water, gasping. As her body became whole again, she looked up to find the floor of the balcony spinning towards her. 

       Juvia felt paralyzed, her body aching from the impact of the fall. She held up her hands, palms facing the falling cement as she said, "Water Lock," and the piece was suddenly surrounded by a large bubble of water. Juvia usually only used this magic on humans, not inanimate objects but it had been the only one that came to mind.

       She used her strength to shift the piece over, far enough that she let it go and smash into the dirt. It shook the ground but Juvia's arms fell to her sides, sweat beading down her face from nerves. She glanced over but didn't see Wendy anywhere and worry filled her. She silently hoped the girl had survived the fall, since she was the Sky Dragon Slayer, it was possible.

      Juvia tried sitting up, but pain radiated through her stomach and she cringed, lying back. Screams and yells were everywhere around her as the ground began to shake from falling rubble. She dug her nails into the ground, cursing under her breathe for not being able to move. She felt ashamed of herself, for while she silently hoped that Gray would come for her, she hated relying on someone to help her, even if it was him. 

      Juvia heard footsteps and turned her head to find Gajeel running towards her, Levy unconscious over his shoulder. "Gajeel-kun," she croaked, watching him as he lightly placed Levy down. "What's happening?"