Ch. 9 - Emmaline

It's finally time to officially introduce Dante's mate: Emmaline. Hope you enjoy reading her pov. But don't worry, most of this book will still be from Dante's pov. But I'll switch from time to time.

Have a nice day!

Love, Charlie

Chapter 9 – Emmaline

She almost couldn't believe it when Fiona had told her Aryana came home that day. What were the odds? Her long lost sister came home on the same day she did?

"I don't know a whole lot except she's already found her mate in the king." Fiona told her while patching up a deep cut on Emma's arm – the only real injury Emma had that did not heal completely on its own.

Werewolves healed extremely fast. A small cut only took mere seconds, broken bones a few hours. But the fastened healing did have a downside; it hurt like crazy. Or at least the big injuries did. The small ones only stung a bit. But everything good came at a price, right?

"You think I can go see her?" Emma hissed as she felt Fiona stitch her arm without using some sort of sedative.

"Not sure – keep still – there are at least ten royal guards positioned in and outside her room." Emma tried to keep her body from moving every time the needle pierced through her skin. "Besides, I had to give her a few strong sleeping pills because of her anxiety. Even if you went to see her, she won't be awake."

Within a few minutes Fiona was done. "Next time be more careful," she scolded Emma who simply waved her off.

"Yeah, yeah. Darrell already gave me this lecture. Three times. In one hour!" Emma exclaimed.

"Good. Maybe this time you'll finally listen." Fiona shook her head at the young woman. In her opinion she had had to patch up Emma's injuries one too many times.

"Hmhm. Or maybe I won't," Emma countered. "Look, I know you and Darrell worry. But you're forgetting I'm the Royal guardian and that my dad has trained me as such."

"I know, but still... we all care about you."

"I know. And I appreciate it, I do. But I can handle myself, okay?" Emma tried to ease some of the woman's worries.

Fiona nodded reluctantly. "Okay, now give me a hug and get out of my office."

Emma saluted her, hopped off the bed and briefly hugged Fiona before darting out of the doctor's office. She loved Fiona and Darrell, but they worried way too much. Sometimes it got tiring.

Despite the warning Fiona had given her, Emma wanted to go and see her sister right this moment. She had waited long enough already. But she would not go about it obviously. Over the years she had picked up on a thing or two. And so she went to observe the situation first. She wouldn't be as stupid as to just walk up to the guards, because that would make them alert.

Emma peeked around the corner of the West corridor of the third floor in the alpha's wing, where she knew the guests' sleeping quarters were located.

As a kid Emma had spied on the visiting alphas and lunas constantly. It had been a test to see how far she could go without being noticed. Turns out it was quite far.

Like she expected there were two guards posted outside, but she was no fool to believe they were the only protection details. Fiona also said something about guards being posted inside the sleeping quarters. Emma was confident though, she was sure she could handle a couple of royal guards.

She slipped into the room she knew bordered on the guests' sleeping quarters. Both rooms were equipped with a balcony. The balconies were only one meter apart, she could easily jump from one to the other. Piece of cake.