Ch. 20 - Dante

Omg, can you believe it? We passed 1k already! I don't think I have ever reached 1k this fast with my other two stories! (which by the way, one reached over 3k so you can imagine how happy I am right now)

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Chapter 20 – Dante

Dante leaned back in his chair and ran a hand over his face. He was on the phone with Derek again, only this time, king Geoffrey was present as well. They were discussing the situation with the rogues who were out for vengeance.

And though his mind was on the problem at hand, he was also worrying over his mate. His mate who told him she had become partly rogue over the years. It didn't make him love her less, she would always be his beautiful mate. But he could not deny that he was a little disappointed to find out she could not mindlink. Dante had tried to reach out to her from where he sat in the office, knowing she was in the kitchen at the other side of the packhouse. But he couldn't get through.

And it was that revelation that disappointed him even more. He had had hope that what she had said wasn't true. But he couldn't lie to himself anymore. The mindlink with his mate would not be as strong or intimate as the mindlink other mated couples shared. And it saddened him beyond compare.

"So far they have just been observing," Derek's voice came over the speaker. "They're probably still waiting for more backup. I haven't seen anything like this in my twenty-six years of living."

"It was to be expected they'd manifest in such large numbers. We're talking about ten families here. All of which have created off-spring. Have you consulted my father like I asked you to?" king Geoffrey answered.

"Yes, alpha. But I have to tell you I do not quite agree with his recommendation and preferred methods." Dante leaned forward, his elbows resting on his thighs and his hands clasped together, supporting his chin. His brows were furrowed. Never before had he heard Derek openly voicing his concerns about king Alan's advice.

"What did he recommend?" king Geoffrey inquired.

"Bombs."

They were silent after that. It certainly would be the most efficient way. But it would also destroy everything in its wake. Even innocent lives would be taken. Their forest would be no more, damaged to the point of no return. Fires could start and damage all the forests the packs called their home. Then their covers would be blown and all the communities would be exposed for the human satellites to see. It could start a whole other war.

And Dante had to agree with Derek on this one. Those methods king Alan recommended, shouldn't even be considered an option.

"Even if you were to bomb them, could you do that to luna Liza?" Derek continued cautiously. King Geoffrey let out a loud sigh and looked at Dante for counselling. Dante merely shook his head. King Geoffrey would regret killing his mother's first family every second that he continued to live on.

"Did my father say anything about mother's family?"

"No, alpha. I brought it up, but to him your mother has only one family. Luna Liza stayed awfully quiet throughout the entire conversation."

"She was present?"

"Yes. King Alan wanted her to know what her true mate was up to. Even though he claims she does not have one."

"She's not allowed to voice her opinion on this matter. She vowed to be obedient and stand by my father's reign so her family would be set free." King Geoffrey sat down on the couch that stood in the corner of the room. "What are our other options?"