Ch. 31 - Dante

So again this update was way overdue! But.... it's 3.000+ words, so I tried to make it a little longer for you guys. Also HAve you seen that we're almost at 14k reads?! I have never had so many reads before and I just can't get over how many it is. So thank you, thank you thank you!

Also.... next chapter we'll go back to Emmaline. I know I said in the beginning of the book it would mostly be Dante's pov, but I feel like Emmaline's story line is too important to be ignored because it'll be a part of the plot. So I'm sorry for those of you who are disappointed with that. It doesn't mean I'll quit Dante's pov, it just means you'll be seeing a lot of Emma too.

Have a nice weekend!

Love, Charlie

Chapter 31 - Dante

Josephine looked confident as she stood in the doorway, though her gaze was downcast in respect to her superiors. Her physique was tall and proud, she stood straight with her shoulders squared.

"You requested my presence, alpha?" Josephine spoke with a clear, slightly high voice.

"I did. Josephine, these are the royal beta Dante, and the royal gamma Derek." Alpha McClaine motioned towards Dante and Derek. Josephine lifted her gaze for a mere second and spoke a soft, "good afternoon" before looking down again.

"They are in search of someone and would like to speak with you."

"Of course. I'll tell them everything I know." She responded. Alpha McClaine seemed satisfied with Josephine's answer and nodded at the girl. Dante looked at the beautiful girl and wondered if she could be the blood wolf. From what she displayed right now, he'd say she wasn't the girl they were looking for. He'd always imagined the blood wolf to be someone who didn't easily obey to anyone. This girl however, was very obedient. Confident, but still complying with her alpha's will. Yet he couldn't tell yet if it was in her nature, or just an act.

"I suggest using the dining room in the west wing of the packhouse as I'm sure you gentlemen are famished. Josephine I assume you haven't had your dinner yet, as well?" Alpha McClaine tried to steer them all away from his office. Dante didn't object, he was actually starving and in need of a proper meal.

"No alpha," Josephine replied. The alpha nodded and guided them towards an extravagant looking dining-room. The chairs were all high and coated with the most expensive fabrics. The table was made from beautiful mahogany. Dante had rarely seen a room this excessive and made to impress people like this room was. Maybe only the guest houses on Royal territory. However, he kept his face neutral as did Derek. Royal wolves had to behave a certain way, they couldn't show forms of impression by something or someone, because they were supposed to be superior to it all. And so they behaved superior.

"Food will be served in a few," alpha McClaine notified them.

Dante nodded his head in approval. His eyes flickered over to Josephine whose head was still bowed, awaiting her next orders.

"Thank you, alpha McClaine. That will be all." Dante dismissed the alpha's presence. His presence would no doubt influence Josephine's answers, the presence of an alpha could work intimidating and they didn't need that. They needed Josephine to be honest with them. It was too high of a risk that alpha McClaine would somehow cause Josephine to answer differently.

Alpha McClaine's eyes shot to Josephine, she was still keeping silent and kept her gaze averted to the ground, then he turned on his heel and exited the extravagant dining room.

"Why don't we take a seat?" Dante suggested.

"Yes, beta," she replied.

Dante and Derek both took a seat opposite from the beautiful she-wolf. Josephine quietly took a seat and didn't utter a word until she was spoken to. Dante could almost say for sure that this wasn't the girl they were looking for. They had to be sure, though.