Ch. 23 - Emmaline

Here is the next chapter. Thank you so so so much for bringing this story to #735 in the rankings. I've never gotten ranked before, so this means a whole lot! I'm sooo happy.

I hope you won't be disappointed with this chapter as I had to rewrite it because I wasn't satisfied.

Next chapter we'll go back to Dante again.

Love, Charlie

Chapter 23 - Emmaline

Roman and Emma had both come up with a plan, one they weren't particularly fond of, but it was something that had to be done. They did, however, promise each other that this was the last lie they would ever tell. When this was over and done with, they'd come clean... to everyone. They would hold no more secrets. When this was done brother and sister would face all consequences with nothing but pride, because they were doing the right thing. And one could only hope the others would think the same once the truth was revealed.

"So, we're leaving tomorrow morning, then?" Roman asked Emma one last time before the siblings would part ways. Roman was giving her a last opportunity to back out. If she confirmed now, she'd have to really follow through.

"At dawn," Emma said with a nod of her head. "Have you had contact with Woodland to inform them of our activities?"

"Yes, Lonnie said he'd cover for us and wishes us luck".

Lonnie Larson had been Emma's trainer since the first time she set foot in Woodland ever since she was ten and had nearly killed her own mother. Though he had only been 24 at the time, he had helped her to contain the beast inside of her, and comforted her as a father would when the heightened senses became too overwhelming, when her skin would burn because her wolf would force her to shift even though she was terrified to.

He was one of the few people to be let in on her secret. He'd cover for her nine months a year, when she was supposed to be at Woodland, but in reality was out searching for Aryana. Sometimes when she'd sustained injuries that could not be waved off as 'just clumsy' or 'too intensive training' she'd return to Woodland where Lonnie would patch her up.

She knew they could count on good old Lonnie to help them out.

"Roman?" Emma said quietly.

Roman tilted his head at her, "yeah?"

"I'm sorry you have to leave Isabelle when she's pregnant. I just rather not take Darrell. Leaving without giving Dante the true reason is bad enough, leaving with none but Darrell... I could never betray him like that." Roman pulled Emma into a hug. There was no need for her to explain herself as he understood perfectly.

"She'll understand. This is important for the way we live. What'll happen if Aryana is taken from king Geoffrey yet again? We don't know how that'll affect our king. There is no heir yet either. The risks are too grand. Isabelle and I will be fine. If we survived once, I'm sure we'll be able to do it again."

Emma nodded against her brother's shoulder and squeezed him tightly before releasing him from her hold.

"All right. See you tomorrow then?"

"See you tomorrow."

They separated ways. Emma headed up to Dante's quarters and knocked on the door. It opened practically immediately. And before she even got the chance to open her mouth, Dante had pulled her inside and pushed her up against the instantly closed door to kiss her senselessly. Emma responded to his affection by running her hands over his chest and tracing his lips with her tongue. Dante groaned into her mouth and pressed every inch of his body against every inch of hers.